Should I help this chick hatch or it is ok?

Quote:
it has a really good chance so long as the membrane wasn't damaged.. so if it's not leaking it should be good to go

hens are funny... i have had some really good hatches from hens that laid eggs in the worst places and decided it was a good idea... one laid her eggs right near a downspout during our "rainy season" (rain.... what is that stuff?.. I hate droughts!).. anyway she hatched out about 80% and they were doing great.. until we had a hailstorm when they were a few weeks old.. she couldn't keep them all covered and the few that were outside of her feathers pretty much got stoned to death from the hail.. still NO idea why she refused to seek shelter.. so it seems that sometimes they either really know what they are doing.. or have left their braincell in a different nest... makes me wonder what their reasoning is for some of the silly things they do that they think are a good idea

My problem is trying to fall asleep in the first place. Plus I have a hatch going. 4 out and 1 pip, a tiny one. None of my FBCMs are doing anything yet.

I use to go to sleep at 9:30! Imagine that!! Since this hatch started though I might go to sleep around 4am or i might not sleep at all :-/

Woke up to a lil pip this morning! I should meet a new baby today!!

Quote:
When I wake up in the dead of night IF I try to just go back to sleep.. it doesn't work.. my mind won't shut down.. so i have to get up until I feel like I am going to face plant into the keyboard!

hoping for the best for your eggs!
fl.gif

Quote:
isn't being in "Zombie Mode" so much fun? [/end sarcasm]
i used to be like that when i was breeding dogs.. when the pups were being whelped i never slept.. and sometimes it can take days from when she first goes into labor until the last placenta is passed... ugh.. so glad i don't have that to deal with anymore!

gonna keep my fingers crossed for that lil pip.. lets hope it manages on it's own with no help required!
fl.gif

its got a good chance! the last one did! she just tore her yolk sac and ended up aspirated from the fluids :-( lets hope this one is a perfect hatch! :)

Last edited:
Quote:
Well it went back to 78 in the incubator too and stayed there as well. So should i try to re-set it? How does that work when its already reading the humidity wherever it is?

Back
Top Bottom