Should I help this chick?

mraeirish

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2020
This chick pipped last night around 7pm. It’s now 8am the next morning and she’s still not out! Humidity looks good, the membrane is white. No other eggs in the bater have pipped yet. Should I take her out and help remove the shell?

Attachments

• 6B43A1F3-B1E6-4D8A-BC11-91EE731C22D4.jpeg
    6B43A1F3-B1E6-4D8A-BC11-91EE731C22D4.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 9
This chick pipped last night around 7pm. It’s now 8am the next morning and she’s still not out! Humidity looks good, the membrane is white. No other eggs in the bater have pipped yet. Should I take her out and help remove the shell?
I don’t know to much about chickens and hatchlings I could look it up for you if you would like?

You could slowly start pulling apart the shell but be very careful incase the baby hasn't absorbed all the veins yet , the moment you see any blood don't continue just let the baby rest hopefully it will make its way out on its own after a couple more hours... if no blood is seen continue helping the fluffy butt out . Good luck .

How is the baby doing
We helped her out but definitely shouldn’t have. 🙈 She hadn’t absorbed all her yolk yet. We have video of the whole thing and will be posting it to our YouTube channel... somehow she made it through the night and is still alive although not eating and drinking yet. We’re going to name her miracle if she survives. She was the only chick who hatched out of 6 eggs.

We helped her out but definitely shouldn’t have. 🙈 She hadn’t absorbed all her yolk yet. We have video of the whole thing and will be posting it to our YouTube channel... somehow she made it through the night and is still alive although not eating and drinking yet. We’re going to name her miracle if she survives. She was the only chick who hatched out of 6 eggs.
I always wait 24 hours after they have externally pipped .Last week I had two out of four chicks externally pip and then no progress although I could hear them distressed so I did assist both of them and they are doing really well.

Back
Top Bottom