Should I... or not?

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
May 6, 2009
Akron, Ohio
So, my evil incubator hatched out 4 chicks out of 13 eggs. I needed several more hens in my flock (my roo is down to two hens his size, and laying is down as well with only that many.) The breeds that hatched are 2 leghorn and 2 olive eggers (one of each already looking rooster-ish... )I was really hoping for some EE to hatch, but those were the eggs that the bator and the PO screwed up.
sad.png

So, there is a lady in town who is selling sexed EE, Polish and Turken (!!!) babies, she lives about an hour away but we could meet her somewhere, and I'm wondering: should I go for it? Will the chicks that I get from her (probably two or three) integrate well with the present babies, even though they didn't hatch together? And is there a way I could use to convince Dad to let me get them? (Kidding mostly on the last one, I can almost always get Dad to agree on matters of getting more chickens. He likes them almost as much as I do!)

Thanks for your opinions.
smile.png

GO FOR IT!
i myself have covinced my dad to drive me an hour to get two more hens as an addition on to my two that i have already...
big_smile.png
can't wait!

Thanks! I was mostly worried about integration. And, I needed my enabling friends at BYC to tell me that yes, it is perfectly normal to drive an hour to buy more chickens. Especially when you can convince your little sis to pay for a few
lol.png
Thank goodness for little sisters with a weakness for Polish!
wee.gif

yes...I did the same thing, bought 10 chicks, went and picked up 5 more that were about the same age, oh, and was given 2...they are all GREAT!

droolin.gif
That was so not nice to post the ad from Craigslist--I live in Tucson...I have babies almost that age....hhhmmm I wonder if hubby would notice a few more????
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom