Should I switch to muscovy? *UPDATE I found a breeder

i would recomend pekin or cayugas. the pekins grow faster but the cayugas are much quieter. cayugas also are suppose to be very broody.

Well, I heard back from someone on craigslist. They have several different age groups available and have black and white, chocolate, blue and bronze! Waiting to see when we can meet up!

She has 2 week to 3 month olds, any recommendation on color or age group?

Quote:
if you get 2 week they will bond to you quicker. colors? one of each
big_smile.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

LOL. I'm thinking I will look at what she has and decide based on color/potential sex. I'm hoping for a good male-female ratio. I was thinking 6 total (which I really don't need) I should just go for 3. That would be plenty for my needs ( I tend to go overboard) Though I don't think I'm the only one.
big_smile.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

LOL. I'm thinking I will look at what she has and decide based on color/potential sex. I'm hoping for a good male-female ratio. I was thinking 6 total (which I really don't need) I should just go for 3. That would be plenty for my needs ( I tend to go overboard) Though I don't think I'm the only one.
big_smile.png

1 drake 3 hens. That will make the drake happy and keep the hens from being overly bred. Them boys have a strong appetite.
wink.png

4 sounds good. I got mine at 1 week old and they act like I'm an axe murderer but I'm not a pick up a duck and cuddle it kinda girl either. I would get the older ones. Pick one of the biggest (big feet, thick legs) and 2-3 of the smallest. And then pray that worked!
lol.png

Quote:
Lol. Not enough room for both? Lol im about to have four breeds. Rouen, Welsh harlequin, calls, and im about to hatch some khakis. I think I went way over board! Lol ohwell. I will then have 14 total. I think thats a good number right? Lol.

Quote:
This is basically what I was thinking.
lol.png

I figure with older ones there will be more of a size difference so I will
fl.gif
that I pick well. I also am not a duck cuddler especially if they are destined for the table, no pets/names needed.
big_smile.png

Quote:
This is basically what I was thinking.
lol.png

I figure with older ones there will be more of a size difference so I will
fl.gif
that I pick well. I also am not a duck cuddler especially if they are destined for the table, no pets/names needed.
big_smile.png

Just wondering about this but since your in Fl and they are having such a terrible time with Muscovies there you would think it would be illegal to sell or own one.

Back
Top Bottom