Should I try and kill this bobcat?

Pics
Fox, coyotes, bears. And US as those that protect our livestock.
Apex predator.. are you willing to die at the hands of a apex bobcat? Probably not, but really no loss if that's you believe.
A Fox could not kill a Bobcat. I doubt a Coyote could either & they are not bears regular prey.

First, bobcats aren't an endangered or threatened species. Second, they get used to easy meals- like your chickens. Once used to easy chickens, it will be back for more.

No mercy.

I almost attached photos of all the coyotes, skunks, bobcats, feral cats and feral dogs that have had their dinner plans cancelled by me. I dissuaded another coyote from tearing her way into our meat chicken tractor on Sunday night.

Pests are pests. That they were here first is immaterial to me; my chickens on my land are my priority.

First, bobcats aren't an endangered or threatened species. Second, they get used to easy meals- like your chickens. Once used to easy chickens, it will be back for more.

No mercy.

I almost attached photos of all the coyotes, skunks, bobcats, feral cats and feral dogs that have had their dinner plans cancelled by me. I dissuaded another coyote from tearing her way into our meat chicken tractor on Sunday night.

Pests are pests. That they were here first is immaterial to me; my chickens on my land are my priority.
How proud you must be.

No mercy.

Wholeheartedly agree

You have to learn to co exist with wildlife. Trying to kill them all is morally wrong and also an exercise in futility. This means you have to keep your chickens safe which in many cases means no free ranging. Free ranging chickens means you are providing an all-you-can-eat buffet for whatever predator happens by.

How proud you must be.
Just doing what I can to help ensure that there is one fewer coyote or bobcat to kill my chickens, turkeys, dogs, neighbor's sheep and goats, etc.

There is plenty of land and wild game to support these predators away from our homes. Feeding on livestock, pets and the contents of our trash cans has actually increased the coyote and bobcat populations near rural and suburban areas far beyond their pre-human densities. Coyotes and bobcats have bred close to homes and become bold enough to walk into backyards, garages and up onto front porches. They have attacked small dogs while the owner walked the dog on a leash in the middle of the day. They have attacked children and adults. Did you see the recent video of the guy who defended his wife and himself from a bobcat attack. He ended up shooting it, and it was rabid.

If a shepherd saw a coyote attacking a lamb and he shot the coyote, would you be critical of the shepherd?

Instead of quoting my post and making a snarky comment, why not defend the right of human-acclimated coyotes (and other predators) to kill livestock and pets and attack people?

Back
Top Bottom