Should I worry? strange bird found in Pheasants pen today

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
I went to give my birds some food and water today after school when I noticed a miniature little mourning dove flying around in the flight pen. I caught it in a fish net, they are delicate little things, I was kidna rough with it. I let it out and it flew normally, nothing was wrong, it didn't seem sick, but should I worry that my Pheasants will get a disease from this bird?

Last edited:
I honestly wouldnt worry too much about it. Birds fly over all the time im sure and poo in the pen as they fly over the netting. What i mean by that is i think if your pheasants would get sick from that bird they would have already by the other birds naturally flying by. Least i'd think. Im sure they will be fine
smile.png

Thank you. I have also had hawks sitting on top of the cage (eeeek) and some of their poop has gotten in the cage also, this bird just happend to come a little too close than it wanted to!

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah eek is right! LOL! what kinda netting do you use by the way? i want to get some for hawk-keeping-out-protection for my marans, and the quails i want to let "free range". lol

This kind! haha, whats it called?
034.jpg

035.jpg

The owner of the hatchery I buy from has had hawks and other raptors rip through this stuff, if they were desperate.

Back
Top Bottom