Should my incubator be condensating?

Its day 18 on my hatch of 2 dozen eggs.
I have a hova-bator 1622 incubator. I bought I cheap hydrometer off eBay but haven't had any success with it so just went without it and kept tray 1 half full, up up to day 18 then now i have trays 1 and 2 full but in 12 hours the sight glass hasn't gotten condensation on it. Should i fill up trays 3 and 4 aswell? Or does it not have to condensate for the humidity to correct?
Cheers, CK

During lockdown when I bump the humidity up into the 70% I will have slight condensation in the corners. When chicks start to hatch it will jump into the 90%range.
I would add some water to the other trays add one at a time.
I would not hatch without proper monitors installed. Just my .02

Condensation will only appear if the room the incubator is in is much colder than the air inside the incubator. I've never had condensation in mine even at 80% humidity (though I've only hatched quail eggs in it, not larger eggs).

Condensation will only appear if the room the incubator is in is much colder than the air inside the incubator. I've never had condensation in mine even at 80% humidity (though I've only hatched quail eggs in it, not larger eggs).
Ok that explains my insanity. On my last hatch the lid window was just wet. The babies never dried and they were wet after 48 hours. They dried with the light. Today the inside of the lid is dry af. No rainforest today. I am not able to reset the days from the last two hatches and it says almost the 70th day. My last hatch was at the end of the winter and some of the chicks are still to small to be let go. It is summer now and today is about 113 degrees. So it is cooler inside of the incubator than it is in the house so apparently that is why there is no condensation. Simple science apparenly which I barely passed in HS. Thank you for making me sane again.

Back
Top Bottom