Should this Roo be euthanized?

He may be alright. Keep those punctures very clean though and put him on antibiotics, mammal saliva can be very dangerous to birds. Something about it is toxic to them. I hope the pretty boy makes it! Keep us updated.

I had a polish roo that took on a red tailed hawk and took a few days to recover. My dog broke up their fight and the hawk flew off and I seriously thought my roo was dead. I had to go to work so I left him outside in the ground and planned to bury him when I got home. It rained that day. When I got home, he was gone. I thought something had carried him off but found him around the back of the coop trying to get in with his ladies! Such a good roo! I felt terrible for leaving him there.

OP, your cousin's roo is a lucky boy. He has some deep bruising, and most likely quite the case of whip lash. No wonder he's not holding his head high. Wounds don't appear to be too serious from outward appearance. I've no doubt he will make a full recovery. Hope your cousin mends the fence and installs a proper skirt.

OP, your cousin's roo is a lucky boy. He has some deep bruising, and most likely quite the case of whip lash. No wonder he's not holding his head high. Wounds don't appear to be too serious from outward appearance. I've no doubt he will make a full recovery. Hope your cousin mends the fence and installs a proper skirt.

Agreed! He is a large Bielefelder boy, I’m sure a smaller roo would have died. I’m sure they will fix the fence. For now however, thankfully the fox is dead.

Back
Top Bottom