Solved Should we eliminate or change post likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would make disagreement too easy and impersonal. If you disagree, you should confront that person civilly, with a coherent argument, not just click a button at them. Besides, what if they edit their post later to reflect the truth?

EDT: Not that there haven't been moments when I just went "AArrgh!" at a post and desired exactly such a button.
I agree with this. If someone disagrees, I would like to know why they disagree, though, like the two of you, there have been a few times were I would have liked a disagree button too. :oops:

Last edited:
Interesting discussion. It never occurred to me that "likes" and daily post counts meant anything. Just acknowledgements that someone read your thread or that you posted. I guess I have too many other things to think about than whether or not people "like" me or how many times I post in a day.

If I disagree with a post, I can either ignore it or post my view of the subject. Since "likes" are apparently very important, I would think a "dislike" could be devastating to some, or at least cause a kerfluffle of some sort.

Interesting discussion. It never occurred to me that "likes" and daily post counts meant anything. Just acknowledgements that someone read your thread or that you posted. I guess I have too many other things to think about than whether or not people "like" me or how many times I post in a day.

If I disagree with a post, I can either ignore it or post my view of the subject. Since "likes" are apparently very important, I would think a "dislike" could be devastating to some, or at least cause a kerfluffle of some sort.
Agreed. I thought it meant that somebody read your thing and they, you might say, “x2” it.

Imo, dislike and rude reactions are a very bad idea.
While it would be nice sometimes, I can't see anything good coming from having them. Sometimes when I see a post that contains bad news, I'd like a dislike reaction. But again - if I simply disagree with something, there is no point in being rude about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom