Should we file charges?

Why wouldn't you file charges? They obviously have no intention of being good neighbors. They aren't good petowners, and they have no regard for the well being of their neighbors or their neighbors' pets.

UPDATE
Yesterday we were outside and the neighbors finally came home. The man came over to us, and his girlfirend followed. They never apologized. then the lady nearly accused us of hitting one of their dogs over the head a week or 2 ago. They said they had to take him in for medical treatment. We never touched thier animals!

We still haven't filed charges. I am not sure if we will only because we suspect the guy of being an ex-prisoner, and we aren't sure what he is capable of. My husband is a correctional officer and he recognizes some of the tatoos on this man as prison tattoos. So we are worried about what he may do to us, our kids, or our property. But we may still file charges, especially if the dogs come back.

I did take pics of my dd's scratches and the chicken. We caught the dog carrying the chicken in its mouth, and we know he did it. He seemed very proud of his "catch." But now my dd is scared of bigger dogs, and is really scared of these dogs coming back.

My dh did consider shooting the dog, but since we are in the city he could have been arrested for it. The AC officer told us that if we were in the country, it wouldn't have been an issue because the dog attacked our livestock, but here we can get in trouble.

Quote:
THat just made up my mind...if that lady accused you of hitting her dogs..then i'd sue the crap out of them...i'd press charges. Nuts if you dont...when it happens again..you'll be sorry..

I would. I hope your daughter is okay.
sad.png
People should be responsible for their animals. It makes me angry.

I would! The child getting hurt is way more important than a chicken being dead. GOD FORBID the dd wa bit or scared like my daughter was! It needs to be on file!!!! i AGREE with redhen!! So what he has prison tatt's, what you should live in fear? Does his tat's give him the right to have his dog scratch your kid. I don't care what kind of low balling, Vato gang banger thug you are, you put my kid at risk and it's ON!

Nothing gets people's attention like a good civil suit. Sue them for the injury and psychological damage to the child. Forget about the chicken; it is dead and juries don't give a toot about them. Hey, they eat them for dinner. But a child is another thing.

Make then rue the day they got the darn dog!

And to be on the safe side, find out who his parole officer is. Keep an eye out for any infraction that could get him rolled up and back into the institution. Let them know you are watching them.

Being nice to people like that will just set you up to be a victim again.

Rufus

Hi y'all. Long time lurker, first time poster. This tale got me up fired up enough to post. Please, please, please do not let these folks scare you. I firmly believe that they are using the tactic of "the best defense is a good offense", and they were intending to intimidate you. If you roll over now, better be prepared to keep rolling over. How bad does it have to get? File that report. Promptly. Good neighbors would be upset that their dog was even on your property, and would not blame you. You have your family to consider. Don't back down.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

You are in greater danger from this person if he knows that you won't stand up to him. Be careful, he might try to sue you by lying about the dog being hit. BTW the dog will be back. Be ready for it. Make sure you file a report so that when it's loose again and seriously injures somebody the owner can't claim that it was a first offense and he had no idea about what the dog was capable of.

Back
Top Bottom