Show animals

I'll be getting some Silver Fox rabbits in a couple months. I'll be showing those guys.
big_smile.png

I've shown rabbits since 2000. I've had many different breeds but Tans were the first, and the only ones that have stuck around! Although I started in Rhinelanders about a year and a half ago, and those guys aren't going anywhere either.

Cutiepieacres, what's the grooming like with a Texel? I love them but I'd worry about having to keep them primped. If I wasn't showing I guess I could keep them trimmed short, but that takes the 'fun' out of it!

Parrots, but since I've placed on the top bench under different judges I've had to move out of the novice class, and therefore have to have banded, full wing parrots to continue to show. Mine currently aren't banded.
This was the last show I was at. Spanky Parrot does the best. She was coached by another bird who can't show but does wonderfully in the show cages.
Spankysribbons.jpg

please note: she doesn't live in this in cage, it is for SHOW ONLY.
smile.png
She took best in class, best novice parrot, and fourth over all. competition was stiff and there was a goldies lorikeet there... in almost perfect feather. she was only faulted for no band.

Last edited:
I will begin to show my oberhaslis this spring. Last spring my sr. doe won reserve at her first show. Hopefully she does as well for me as she did for her breeder. I am also hoping that my younger doe does as well as her dam.
I will also start showing my new American rabbits this spring. I am hopping to hook up with a breeder that can show me the ropes with them. I am sooooo clueless on what to do. All of the rabbits are out of good pedigreed wining stock. So at least I am starting out right.

Nice little parrot. I have always wanted to attend a bird show just see what they are like.

Nice! I have been searching high and low for a show quality rabbit and cavy, and NONE can be found in Florida, especially the cavies. My daughter has been begging me to show cavies and rabbit in 4-H now for 2 yrs, we only do poultry at this time because I can't find her a pure cavy or a show quality rabbit that everyone else doesn't already have. My bun of choice would be the English Angora, a LOT of work, I know. I also like the Dward Hotot. We have two pet buns, and two pet cavies, I suppose they are best described as a Abyssinian, and an Aby with a cross with something long coated because she has a huge lock of hair off her rump, totally silly looking. But looking on ACBA, they don't even have a rep for our District 6 (FL). That's so frustrating!

Back
Top Bottom