Show animals

Then you also have the american cavy breeders association. Which is just another chartered national club through ARBA.

miniature dachshunds, i've only been showing them for 2 yrs, but have finally bred some nice show prospects, i use someone else to handle my dogs
big_smile.png

21099_picture_010.jpg

21099_001_1.jpg

Quote:
I noticed that our local rabbit association is actually a "rabbit and cavy" association. Never knew the two ran hand in hand.
tongue.png

Yep they do. The ARBA is also the backbone of the cavy industry. A lot of the state rabbit clubs also hold cavy shows. Thats where I get a lot of my pet guinea pigs from is rabbit shows.
smile.png
sometimes people give their pet quality non showables away for free at them.

That's how it is at 4-h show ppl sell there DQ animals for very little or the put them in a raffle.

I show French Lops and Silver Fox rabbits, its a lot of fun, great chance to meet up with friends and have a great time.

Grand Champion French Lop Buck:

thMyChaz.jpg

Grand Champion Silver Fox ( black ) Doe

Jen.jpg

Grand Champion Silver Fox ( Black ) Buck

HPIM0278.jpg

I'll have to hit a rabbit show in search of a purebred cavy then, thanks for the advice. What I show is poultry at ABA/APA shows. With the horses, I used to show english, western, halter and other classes in open shows, but have since my late teens concentrated on barrel racing, pole bending, goat tying, breakaway and team roping in rodeos and AQHA where offered. I showed cutting horses in the early 80's, NRHA reiners in the late 80's. Did a little dressage in my Animal Science college days in Wisconsin. Used to show Shelties and Poms in the early 90's. I was basically hauling to jackpots and rodeos most weekends out of the year, had a winter circuit and a summer circuit in WPRA & IPRA rodeos that I did until '00 and I had my daughter in '01. Picked that back up a bit in '03 for 2 yrs. Now it's just poultry mostly and barrel races with some roping here and there when I can find the spare time, and I'm awaiting AKC to assign me a mentor to get back into showing Poms in conformation.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep they do. The ARBA is also the backbone of the cavy industry. A lot of the state rabbit clubs also hold cavy shows. Thats where I get a lot of my pet guinea pigs from is rabbit shows.
smile.png
sometimes people give their pet quality non showables away for free at them.

That's how it is at 4-h show ppl sell there DQ animals for very little or the put them in a raffle.

They shouldn't be doing that. Most rabbit and cavy shows won't allow a dq'd animal on the raffle table. Since people them to breed with and show. To do that at a 4h show is pretty unethical. I would hate to think of the poor kid that ended with those animals. They'd probably end up dq'd at the 4h all breed fair show.

I've shown sheep, goats, cattle, hogs, horses, chickens, ducks, rats. I'm debating whether or not I'll bring my Oberhasli or my sheep (Southdown and Romney) to the fair this year. I'm thinking I'm done with showing.

I show miniature donkeys with my grandson. He beats me everytime! Here he won Model Donkey and is in costume class as a Goldminer.

25274_modeldonkey4.jpg
25274_modeldonkey6.jpg

25274_modeldonkey9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom