Show animals

Quote:
nothing like dog shows, a little similar to chicken shows. The bird stays in the cage the entire time! The judging is done infront of the "auidence"- others that are showing, the public who can attend. Depending on the judge depends on whether or not he talks or explains anything, and IMO the stewards get to hear most of everything-move that cage here, I don't like the feathering on this one-etc (I worked shows stewarding).

I worked the national cage bird show, whoooeeee.... what a show. My sister and I did night security... which went fine with few intrusions of employees wanting to see birds. But when they turned the lights one, it was like dawn in a forest of 10,000,000 canaries. Thankfully PETA never showed up to any show I went to- they like to open cage doors and free the "oppressed" birds, causes more chaos than good with fully flighted birds now biting each other, people trying to catch them, and flying into the rafters.

Quote:
nothing like dog shows, a little similar to chicken shows. The bird stays in the cage the entire time! The judging is done infront of the "auidence"- others that are showing, the public who can attend. Depending on the judge depends on whether or not he talks or explains anything, and IMO the stewards get to hear most of everything-move that cage here, I don't like the feathering on this one-etc (I worked shows stewarding).

I worked the national cage bird show, whoooeeee.... what a show. My sister and I did night security... which went fine with few intrusions of employees wanting to see birds. But when they turned the lights one, it was like dawn in a forest of 10,000,000 canaries. Thankfully PETA never showed up to any show I went to- they like to open cage doors and free the "oppressed" birds, causes more chaos than good with fully flighted birds now biting each other, people trying to catch them, and flying into the rafters.

PETA... Don't even get me started on PETA. What a crock, and I'm not talking feed dishes either, LOL. I have NO CLUE what they think they are accomplishing by freeing birds who if successful in getting outdoors cannot fend for themselves. But I guess they believe dying of starvation or hypothermia is the right solution. Stupid people.

Quote:

Ugh. They broke onto our fiar grounds one year and 'fred' the large livestock. Also trashed what the pigs and cattle didn't get to. A lot of good it did them. The animals were all caught, and still sent to slaughter. Some ended up injured, and with broken legs.

sounds like bird shows are about like cat shows. Never been to one. Have seen them on tv. All the poultry shows I have attended they stay in the cage, and the judge judges them there. Unless its a fair show. Then they have you bring them up and place them in show cages on a table.

With rabbit shows they are judged by breed, on the show tables. you take then up and stick them in a cubby hole(or cage). The judge examines each one and places them according to the standard.

Bird nationals sound like fun. I have been to two ARBA national convention shows.

I want to show lots of animals one day but not right now.
Oh and nice pictures every one.

Last edited:
i show cows!
photo.php

Quote:
Is off to google. LOL

So what do you think pretty cool huh?

gig.gif

Don't think I'll be getting myself into the race cavy breeding business.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Go to a rabbit show and look for them. www.arba.net. Most shows are held at the county fair grounds. Yu'll have to contact the show secretaries for information on them

Quote:
Go to a rabbit show and look for them. www.arba.net. Most shows are held at the county fair grounds. Yu'll have to contact the show secretaries for information on them

I noticed that our local rabbit association is actually a "rabbit and cavy" association. Never knew the two ran hand in hand.
tongue.png

I show horses: mainly in Show Jumping and Reined Cow Horse events. I have also competed in Dressage, Eventing, Hunter (o/f and EQ) and some Western Pleasure and EQ. I'm also starting to get into breed shows (Quarter Horse), but still prefer the more action/adrenaline rush of the Jumpers and Cow work.

(pictures to come)

Quote:

I noticed that our local rabbit association is actually a "rabbit and cavy" association. Never knew the two ran hand in hand.
tongue.png

Yep they do. The ARBA is also the backbone of the cavy industry. A lot of the state rabbit clubs also hold cavy shows. Thats where I get a lot of my pet guinea pigs from is rabbit shows.
smile.png
sometimes people give their pet quality non showables away for free at them.

Back
Top Bottom