Show bird supplements?

Quote:
I put a small handfull in with food probibly twice a month. I am newer to chickens. Only had then since March but They seem very healthy and look great.

rodriguezpoultry

Posted at the same time...
lol.png

Chris

I supplement the heck out of my birds. LOL. I have used the regular feed while I am not breeding, just like a layena or a flock raiser or a grower even. When breeding, I give the Purina Game bird Layena as it has animal proteins. I also create a mix of stuff when I can find it, fish meal, kelp meal, spirulina, bee pollen, Vit E & Selenium, Brewers yeast & Garlic, DE. I also mix this mixture in with seeds, such as Rolled Oats ,Rolled Barley, Flax Seed, Safflower seed, Sunflower hearts, and wheat germ oil. I am testing out Avia Charge 2000 again for water vitamins, and I have used mostly Avian Super Pack for vitamins. I give egg to the babies, as well as purchasing the Baby Cakes from Mcmurray hatchery, I have also bought the rooster Booster Vitramin B, as well as Foys products when I need them. Also just recently purchased Dried Meal Worms for them. Bought Amino vitamins too. I buy a lot from Foys Pigeon Supplies because those birds are bred for health and stamina for racing a lot of the times and so they have to be in condition.
Also I have Super Spur in my cabinet, its a pellet, but its for conditioning game birds, though they are not wild about pelleted things.

about 4 months ago I began feeding some of my birds Mazuri Gamebird Breeder Kibble. I have noticed a large difference in birds that get it. the handle of the silkie feathers is a lot softer. the Blacks are BLACK. they also recieve wheat. I have had several judges comment on the condition of the birds
38899_100_0865.jpg

this OEGB is 5 1/2 months old, not the best pic but you can see the shine
38899_100_0901.jpg

hard to hold the bird and the camera
tongue.png

Quote:
The most important function of vitamin B12 is in the metabolism of nucleic acids and proteins, it also functions in carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
B-12 also helps with weight gain and feed intake, good feathering, nervous disorders, hatchability of eggs, and egg size.

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom