Show Birds?

You have some lovely looking birds. I have not seen them before. I can't really advise on showing in the US as I'm in UK. In the UK you cannot enter a pigeon for a show of it is not a pure bred and registered with a NPA band. To do this I must be a member of the NPA. There has been a spate of young bird sickness in the showing circuit in uk this year. All the birds are in close proximity to each other so if there is any ill birds there is a strong chance of things being passed around. Make sure your birds a in top form before you take them. Give them plenty of Probiotics to try and boost their immunity prior to going. You can vaccinate for PMV and ecoli with a simple injection. I can buy this vaccine for about £20 for enough to do 50 birds. I do this myself. No vet needed! The dose takes a couple of weeks to fully protect them and they may well be under the weather for several days after. But it is worth it if your birds mix with others. Some people dont take biosecurity seriously enough and this causes alot of problems for others. All you can do is try to protect your birds as best you can.

You have some lovely looking birds. I have not seen them before. I can't really advise on showing in the US as I'm in UK. In the UK you cannot enter a pigeon for a show of it is not a pure bred and registered with a NPA band. To do this I must be a member of the NPA. There has been a spate of young bird sickness in the showing circuit in uk this year. All the birds are in close proximity to each other so if there is any ill birds there is a strong chance of things being passed around. Make sure your birds a in top form before you take them. Give them plenty of Probiotics to try and boost their immunity prior to going. You can vaccinate for PMV and ecoli with a simple injection. I can buy this vaccine for about £20 for enough to do 50 birds. I do this myself. No vet needed! The dose takes a couple of weeks to fully protect them and they may well be under the weather for several days after. But it is worth it if your birds mix with others. Some people dont take biosecurity seriously enough and this causes alot of problems for others. All you can do is try to protect your birds as best you can.
thank you! I’m not going to be showing until early August so I’ll make sure they are all up to date on vaccines and parisite treatment!

Back
Top Bottom