Show me your blue eggs!

All right,
I'm real confused on the "Blue" and "Green" color of eggs.
Here are a few of my eggs, so are they "Blue" or "Green"? The brown ones are from the wife's Gold Laced Wyandottes.

33115_dsc_0743.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow Mahonri
the depth of color in those is awesome. They remind me of a piece of turquoise. Gorgeous.

Quote:
Hmm, Chris, a little puzzle. Were they laid by Ameraucanas or EEs?
Part of the puzzle is there is a yellow cast to your photo (auto white balance is too yellow).
The top ones look greenish to me and the bottom left looks blue-green.
Very nice!

I'm still on the trail of true blue ameraucana eggs.
Any one out there have them?

Boo(my Blue Am) is still laying those pretty blue eggs, although as shown in pic some days darker than others, they still haven't faded yet. The other blue eggs in the crate are my 2 EEs.
Upper pic her eggs are right top and bottom compared to an Andalusian egg,
bottom pic is another angle at bottom left and right.
photo-106.jpg

photo-105.jpg

Quote:
Green, on the khaki side. Were they from EEs or Ameraucanas? If they're from Ameraucanas it is kind of expected, a little on the bad quality side though. If it is EE, then yeah - khaki type green.

I tried to put them side by side so we can see shades of blue and blue-green. All very gorgeous eggs. I'm sure that the colors are both effected by the lighting when taken and by when in the laying cycle the 'layer' was. Anyway, this is what we have so far. Our own blue egg chart.

blueeggs_01.jpg

blueeggs_02.jpg

blueeggs_03.jpg

15879_eggs.jpg

The bantam eggs in the lower left corner are from my black Ameraucanas, and the blue and green standard eggs mixed in with the others are from my EEs...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom