Show me your cockerels!!!!

I had a couple broodies that I let "do their thang" and these two are my favorites of the new generation - so of course they both turn out to be boys! The father is an Easter egger, and the mothers of these two are a bantam cochin hen and a naked neck hen.

20230908_164339.jpg
20230908_164305.jpg

Bonus pictures of the naked neck when he was younger

Last edited:
My two Speckled Sussex bantam boys are 7 months old, so technically still cockerels.

Samuel:
View attachment 3644532
(he's also in my avatar/profile photo)

Joel:
View attachment 3644536

Joel is top roo, Samuel's second fiddle. So far they're getting along okay with seven lovely ladies.
Beautiful boys! I love Speckled Sussex! I’ve never had the Bantam version of them before. I want to get some eventually though!

Beautiful boys! I love Speckled Sussex! I’ve never had the Bantam version of them before. I want to get some eventually though!
Thank you!

The Speckled Sussex bantams are hard to find. I located a breeder within driving distance, but the chicks, while pretty, aren't close to standard. I love them anyway.

There's a show quality breeder in Florida with whom I have corresponded, and who's been a big help in choosing the best cockerels to keep (I had 7!), and understanding what my breeding goal, long-term, could be. I'd like to help improve the breed.

If I get some good looking chicks next year I am going to try to breed the best to the best.

THIS is a prize-winner, NOT MINE...
Jack Sussex.jpg

Isn't he gorgeous?!? :love

Back
Top Bottom