Show me your DIY cat condos, towers, climbers, and scratchers!

RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Wallingford, CT
I'm going to build one or a few for my four bored indoor cats. I've also been thinking about building an outdoor enclosure around one of my windows so they can safely get some fresh air and exercise. I'd probably build some sort of wooden structure with shelves and ramps for them to play on out there. Anyone have pictures of your homemade cat furniture and jungle gyms?!

I've been thinging the same thing for mine. They need to get a little dirt between their toes! I think I have some bookmarked, I'll check.

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures-2.htm

I
LOOOVE this one. I have a small pond that I'd like to enclose for them. The entrance/exit will be a cat door in one of my kitchen windows. I'm not sure what I'll use for materials...maybe a wooden frame (painted white) and welded wire? Any suggestions? I'd like something more sturdy than chicken wire.

Ladycrotalus, I suppose they don't have to be yours, though I'd love to see what other members have built. Feel free to post your favorite links and what not.

Wow! That is pretty amazing!

We built a "cat coop" years ago for our indoor/outdoor cat that suddenly lost her hearing, but refused to use a litter box. It fit around my bedroom window. It was an awful looking creation though... pieces of an old deck, chicken wire, and unpainted OSB. But it did the job, and kept her safe when she had to be outside. No pictures, thank goodness!
tongue.png

Can't wait to see some more presentable cat enclosures!

Oooooooh!!!!! Those are nice ones! They definitely give me lots of awesome ideas. I love how large some of them are. Mine won't be so spacious, but I think the cats will still very much enjoy it. I'm still trying to decide what I want to use for materials. I think 4x4s, 2x3s and some welded wire will be secure but fairly inexpensive. I have some boards to use for shelves and ramps. I also haven't decided whether I want a solid roof or not. I'm sure the cats would appreciate it, but they've all always been indoor cats and I can't imagine they'll want to be outside in nasty weather either way.

My outdoor cat run is pictured/discussed on a thread over on The Easy Garden site: http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27031&p=1

It
has been enlarged since (a 15', 3x3' tunnel running along the base of the cedar hedge to the R in pics) and will be expanded further this summer. The cats are out there right now, in fact, even Bunny who hardly *ever* goes outside. They like it a *lot*
smile.png

I have also built a elevated walkway ("The Moe Bridge", named for the cat who forced its construction) across the kitchen and hallway, about 6.5' off the floor, but don't have pics of it uploaded. They like that a lot too... it is a good place to lounge and watch people eat and cook and observe the kids while staying out of their way
smile.png

Pat

Back
Top Bottom