Show me your dogs!

I love to show my boys off! Jethro, bloodhound & Kano, german shorthaired pointer.
20221123_141807.jpg

Here is my favorite photo of my late american bulldog, Ava with my sister circa 2013. Miss her to pieces.
new 036.JPG

Very handsome!! A friend use to have one, she acted like a turtle. Walking slowly but when she wanted to run she could a little.
This one is very athletic. Combination of English bulldog, pit bull (Staffordshire), and two kinds of mastiff. Some would call him an old English bulldog, others would call him a bandogge. I think its more accurate to just generically call him a bulldog. He’s more like what bulldogs were in generations past, except the mastiff genes cut down on the bloodlust a lot. I wouldn’t have him with my daughter if he was a straight pit or American bulldog.

F00863DE-43BC-482E-B291-1A89F43A1944.jpeg

55FD68D5-B587-49D3-BDEB-BF110537D6AA.jpeg

This one is very athletic. Combination of English bulldog, pit bull (Staffordshire), and two kinds of mastiff. Some would call him an old English bulldog, others would call him a bandogge. I think its more accurate to just generically call him a bulldog. He’s more like what bulldogs were in generations past, except the mastiff genes cut down on the bloodlust a lot. I wouldn’t have him with my daughter if he was a straight pit or American bulldog.

View attachment 3366418

View attachment 3366419
I dont trust full pits. Wish i could but there are reasons. I love bulldogs, and mastiffs. Everyone i have ever met are gentle and sweet! except for one mastiff who wasnt trained properly. He looks like a american bulldog, but i can see the mastiffs and Staffordshire in him!

I dont trust full pits. Wish i could but there are reasons. I love bulldogs, and mastiffs. Everyone i have ever met are gentle and sweet! except for one mastiff who wasnt trained properly. He looks like a american bulldog, but i can see the mastiffs and Staffordshire in him!
Yes he does look a lot like an American bulldog. I could probably pass him off as a Johnson type. But he actually has no American bulldog in him, unless there is some mixed in on the English bulldog side.

All of the pits I knew seemed to be good natured, but the tricky thing with them is the potential for one to be hiding a strong catch drive that busts out when a child triggers the wrong instincts.

I’ve known some Scott or standard type American bulldogs that were monsters. I met a nationally renowned show stud off of Alan Scott’s farm that killed a toddler a few weeks after I met the dog. The only dog that I’ve ever been bit by was a Scott type American.

I also had a bad experience with a rottie that almost tore my throat out.

So I definitely have a list of dogs on my “do not trust” list. Even the bulldogs I keep I watch very closely. Strong catch drives and blood lust serves a purpose in working dogs, but in a family dog I want nothing beyond a fierce protective drive.

Back
Top Bottom