Show me your dogs!

My 3 dogs with my granddaughter. She loves them and they love her.
A88AF4A3-A887-4E53-BCAA-28031E62C7C6.jpeg

Yes he does look a lot like an American bulldog. I could probably pass him off as a Johnson type. But he actually has no American bulldog in him, unless there is some mixed in on the English bulldog side.

All of the pits I knew seemed to be good natured, but the tricky thing with them is the potential for one to be hiding a strong catch drive that busts out when a child triggers the wrong instincts.

I’ve known some Scott or standard type American bulldogs that were monsters. I met a nationally renowned show stud off of Alan Scott’s farm that killed a toddler a few weeks after I met the dog. The only dog that I’ve ever been bit by was a Scott type American.

I also had a bad experience with a rottie that almost tore my throat out.

So I definitely have a list of dogs on my “do not trust” list. Even the bulldogs I keep I watch very closely. Strong catch drives and blood lust serves a purpose in working dogs, but in a family dog I want nothing beyond a fierce protective drive.
i haven't had very bad experiences with big dogs, only little what i call ankle biters bit by 3 of them. My aunt has a lab/pit mix i know there is another breed in her. She is really sweet when she is calm, but she cant be out of her kennel around small dogs. When she was about 1 year old she lunged at her daughters friend so they spent 2,000 dollars on training and now she wouldnt hurt anyone unless they put off the wrong vibe. Ive never met any champion show dogs yet, but hope to someday! But my cousin was bit by a pit 2 days before Christmas, the pitbull wasnt suppose to be out of its kennel because they wanted to rehome him(he couldnt be out of his kennel or near any people besides who he lived with) now he has to be euthanized. Then there is 2 pits 1 house away from me, so litteraly i am scared to have my dog out, go on walks, or anything because they attacked a dog in July, and i dont think they were turned in. I wish people would be more cautious when adopting or getting dogs. I even have to watch my golden retriever because if someone has the wrong vibe she would attack, she protects me in everyway possible. I like when i go on a walk and she lets off low growls are leads me away from bad people. Do you have your dogs history? or did you adopt him, it would be cool if he did actually have american bulldog in his history before the english bulldog.

Do you have your dogs history? or did you adopt him, it would be cool if he did actually have american bulldog in his history before the english bulldog.
I knew his history and trusted the breeder and my broker, a long time breeder of atheltic bulldogs of various strains. I specifically requested a large bodied strain with a low catch/game drive. This line is bred to mastiff every other generation to keep the catch drive low and the body large. Generation before last the mastiff was an American bandogge, which is a designer Staffordshire x Neapolitan mastiff cross. This most recent cross was French mastiff. Next gen should be him crossed back to an athletic bulldog.

There was actually supposed to be American bulldog on the mother’s side but the DNA results didn’t show it. I think one his English bulldog ancestors was probably an “old English” with a strong Johnson-type look.

I won’t adopt dangerous breeds and generally discourage others from doing so if children will be present in the home. Dogs born good natured can be made dangerous through poor raising, but dogs that are born killers can’t have it loved or disciplined out of them, no more than a wild tiger cub can. There seems to be a resistance to the notion that some dogs are born dangerous, as if notions of fairness forbid it to be so, not taking into account their is no fairness in animal genetics.

I knew his history and trusted the breeder and my broker, a long time breeder of atheltic bulldogs of various strains. I specifically requested a large bodied strain with a low catch/game drive. This line is bred to mastiff every other generation to keep the catch drive low and the body large. Generation before last the mastiff was an American bandogge, which is a designer Staffordshire x Neapolitan mastiff cross. This most recent cross was French mastiff. Next gen should be him crossed back to an athletic bulldog.

There was actually supposed to be American bulldog on the mother’s side but the DNA results didn’t show it. I think one his English bulldog ancestors was probably an “old English” with a strong Johnson-type look.

I won’t adopt dangerous breeds and generally discourage others from doing so if children will be present in the home. Dogs born good natured can be made dangerous through poor raising, but dogs that are born killers can’t have it loved or disciplined out of them, no more than a wild tiger cub can. There seems to be a resistance to the notion that some dogs are born dangerous, as if notions of fairness forbid it to be so, not taking into account their is no fairness in animal genetics.
I dont pivk dangerous breeds either. But some rescues are so great!

Back
Top Bottom