Show me your duck coops! Update: also looking for duckling brooders

Alot of things work for ducks as long as they are safe and resonably clean.
We are having a pretty mild winter so far, which my birds are liking alot.
smile.png

That's good! It's been cold here but no snow so I've had to drain my pond and keep it drained so now the ducks just go and sit in a big hole, it a pretty good at sheltering them from the wind though!

Quote:
Thats funny they just go sit in a big hole, Mine have a cement tub right now and I haven't filled it for them since I have been busy with the grankids. They would love a pond but being on the side of a mountain we don't have any place to put a pond.

Oh I'm sure their fine, mine had a cement tub for a few months until I could dig a pond and it's a pretty pathetic pond, only 9' by 4'!

Quote:
We have a river down below our home but I don't let them go down there, I am a nervous mama and afraid something will get them. It's great that you dug them a pond, mine also have a 45 gallon stock tank in the summer.
smile.png

Quote:
we had a light dusting last night but haven't gotten much at all this year, the last 2 years we had alot of snow and very frigid temps. but the eastern part of the co. is suppose to be wet and mild according to farmers alamac, and so far they are getting it right. Pretty nice to to still be able to use the hose to wash everything off.

Back
Top Bottom