Show me your duck coops! Update: also looking for duckling brooders

I'm assuming you mean the brooders? I put down shavings, then chux pads (in the incontinence aisle - CVS and walmart have decent ones, don't buy the Rite Aid brand!) and then hay on top of part of them where they sleep. I clean it at least twice a day. It's disgusting.

The top ones are 4x2 feet, approx and I had 5 large ducklings in it for about 2-3 weeks, then they moved into the 4x4 basement brooder. They're still in the larger basement brooder, but this past weekend they spent the day outdoors and came in at night.

I also had 15 chicks in the other 4x2, now it's down to 7, sold some off. It's still comfortable for them. Hopefully in the next 10 days or so the ducks can be fully outside, then the chicks get the big brooder, then my next hatch uses the 4x2.

And I slowly start to go insane...

Cool! That's big I'm probably gonna have to shrink it down for my 1-2 Ancona ducklings. Great job on the brooders!
thumbsup.gif

Here are some pictures of our new enclosure at various stages. We finished building in October, although we're still making cosmetic improvements as time permits.

The enclosure is 28'x16' with an 8'x8' covered area. It is completely wrapped in welded wire fencing, except for the bottom (it only runs two feet into the enclosure on the bottom), as we have visitors such as dogs, raccoons, black bears, cougars, and bald eagles on a regular basis. We also have three feet of hardware cloth running the bottom half of the sides. So far, no break-ins, although I don't know how well it would hold up against a big mammal.

We still have a pile of rock and gravel to move from the old location to the new one. In the meantime, the ducks are having a great time making mud.

This is the first part of a garden expansion project. We'll be fencing our ~6000sqft garden area and extending it right up to the enclosure so that we can let the ducks into the garden during the day. Only 58 more fence posts to dig in.

welcome-byc.gif

Here are some pictures of our new enclosure at various stages. We finished building in October, although we're still making cosmetic improvements as time permits.

The enclosure is 28'x16' with an 8'x8' covered area. It is completely wrapped in welded wire fencing, except for the bottom (it only runs two feet into the enclosure on the bottom), as we have visitors such as dogs, raccoons, black bears, cougars, and bald eagles on a regular basis. We also have three feet of hardware cloth running the bottom half of the sides. So far, no break-ins, although I don't know how well it would hold up against a big mammal.

We still have a pile of rock and gravel to move from the old location to the new one. In the meantime, the ducks are having a great time making mud.

This is the first part of a garden expansion project. We'll be fencing our ~6000sqft garden area and extending it right up to the enclosure so that we can let the ducks into the garden during the day. Only 58 more fence posts to dig in.

Wow that is awesome, and the one with the rainbow is
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Wow! Very nice job. I love the pictures. The rainbow one is great. Looks like your ducks will be happy and safe.

Back
Top Bottom