Show Me Your Feeders!!

Pics
Is anyone having trouble with the elbow feeder removing feathers around the chickens necks? I have and it may be because I used a (I think) 3" round PVC elbow. May need to change to a 4" elbow.

Last edited:
You could try getting the 2nd one from cjqsmom, remove the top and put a tray underneath it. I did that for mine and they just spill the excess into the tray and eat it. Hope this helps!
smile.png

We use 5 gallon buckets with pvc elbows cut in. Works great! I get the buckets from Firehouse subs at $3 each and the elbows are cheap too! We put them on cinder blocks so the holes are high enough for them to just stick their heads in to eat. No mess and no waste. We are able to use two buckets for 29 birds and only refill once per week.

We use 5 gallon buckets with pvc elbows cut in. Works great! I get the buckets from Firehouse subs at $3 each and the elbows are cheap too! We put them on cinder blocks so the holes are high enough for them to just stick their heads in to eat. No mess and no waste. We are able to use two buckets for 29 birds and only refill once per week.

thumbsup.gif
Great job on showing how you do yours! What size of elbow do you use? Also, do you just do 2 per bucket? Glad to know that 2 will work for 29 birds!

Thanks! These work so well for us. We put 4 3" street elbows (90 degree) in each bucket. You want to make sure you don't cut them too short (see below) because if they are too short, the chickens will take advantage of it and make a mess! The one on the right is the best length.

Here's mine, the first picture was what I thought would work, but the crumbles I am using came right up to the top and were being scattered all over the place, the second picture is after I fitted 2 1/2" pvc to keep the food inside. I might increase the diameter of the pvc as the birds get larger or dispense with the once I try pellets.

Back
Top Bottom