Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
Picked up my asphalt emulsion today and saw this sign near the check out at Home Depot. Thought you guys might have some thoughts about their $20 pallet fee 😂
20230126_164404.jpg

Picked up my asphalt emulsion today and saw this sign near the check out at Home Depot. Thought you guys might have some thoughts about their $20 pallet fee 😂View attachment 3387380

:idunno Do you get your $20 pallet fee back if you return the pallet?

:tongue If there were 50 units on that pallet, I think I would just buy 49 of them and have them load them up, one by one, into the trailer. Then I would go back into the store and buy that last unit from the pallet. :lau

I like Home Depot. That's where I buy my Ryobi tools. But they don't give away any free pallets. I suppose it would be not in their interest because they sell lumber. So, why give any lumber away for free.

Our local Harbor Freight puts out their pallets for free pickup. I take advantage of those pallets. But I also buy stuff there at the store, so I think they still come out ahead. Plus, they have to pay to dispose of their pallets, so it's good for them just to offer them for free. It's a win-win for both of us.

:idunno Do you get your $20 pallet fee back if you return the pallet?

:tongue If there were 50 units on that pallet, I think I would just buy 49 of them and have them load them up, one by one, into the trailer. Then I would go back into the store and buy that last unit from the pallet. :lau

I like Home Depot. That's where I buy my Ryobi tools. But they don't give away any free pallets. I suppose it would be not in their interest because they sell lumber. So, why give any lumber away for free.

Our local Harbor Freight puts out their pallets for free pickup. I take advantage of those pallets. But I also buy stuff there at the store, so I think they still come out ahead. Plus, they have to pay to dispose of their pallets, so it's good for them just to offer them for free. It's a win-win for both of us.
You do get it back with the pallet return, and it's probably a good thing since a lot of those pallets get chucked in the landfill otherwise. But ya ...just take a little more effort in loading and skip the pallet would be my preference. I'm a Home Depot fan too.

You do get it back with the pallet return, and it's probably a good thing since a lot of those pallets get chucked in the landfill otherwise.

Well, good to know that it is a pallet deposit fee type of return.

I talked to the main guy at our local county landfill and asked if he had any pallets I could take. He said that they just bury all the pallets and cover them with dirt. They don't even bother to try to give them away.

We really are shortsighted on our reuse of materials. I look at a pallet and can think of all kinds of value in that wood. Others might consider it nothing more than trash to be buried.

Anyways, this thread is about using those pallets to make things of value. So, I hope there a many pallets that are being repurposed instead of being sent to the landfill.

:idunno Heck, if nothing else, I would rather see a pallet broken up and burned to heat a house in the winter instead of being buried in the landfill.

Got the siding up today and one window mostly done. Found my osb wasn't covered as well as I thought so my beautiful cheap boards have some water damage from all our recent rains.
20230127_145522.jpg

Used pallet boards to frame the inside of the windows and fill the holes at the end of the pallets
20230127_145432.jpg

Screens up on this one and I'll wait to add the window trim until after all paintings done.
20230127_145510.jpg

Hoping to pick up roofing supplies on Sunday but might take a bit to get more done.

Got the siding up today and one window mostly done. Found my osb wasn't covered as well as I thought so my beautiful cheap boards have some water damage from all our recent rains. View attachment 3388266
Used pallet boards to frame the inside of the windows and fill the holes at the end of the palletsView attachment 3388270
Screens up on this one and I'll wait to add the window trim until after all paintings done.View attachment 3388276
Hoping to pick up roofing supplies on Sunday but might take a bit to get more done.

:thumbsup You can really see all the progress. Thanks for the update. Get that OSB primed and painted as soon as you can.

I asked a friend if he had knew of Amy pallets. Yup! How many did I want he knew of plenty. I told him 4-5. He's bringing them this weekend.
Then he sends me pictures 😳🤔😏😃
Imma gonna be busy

:idunno I have never heard of Amy pallets. It looks like a pallet with wood sidewalls. Is that what it is? What is transported in them?

:clap Anyway, looks like a lot of wood coming your way. Have fun....

Back
Top Bottom