Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

My latest pallet project! I've been thinking about making an old-fashioned well to cover our wellhead for a long time and I finally gathered and broke down enough pallets and had good enough weather to build it. Took me two afternoons. It cost me nothing (except for the screws and glue)!

IMG_4185.jpg

My latest pallet project! I've been thinking about making an old-fashioned well to cover our wellhead for a long time and I finally gathered and broke down enough pallets and had good enough weather to build it. Took me two afternoons. It cost me nothing (except for the screws and glue)!

View attachment 3788652

:bow That's like a work of art! Very nice.

Did you build that from your own design, or do you have links to the project? I have an old fashioned well (store bought years ago) covering my wellhead, but honestly, your pallet wood well build looks better.

Just even as yard decoration, I would think people would be interested in the project. Thanks for posting.

:bow That's like a work of art! Very nice.

Did you build that from your own design, or do you have links to the project? I have an old fashioned well (store bought years ago) covering my wellhead, but honestly, your pallet wood well build looks better.

Just even as yard decoration, I would think people would be interested in the project. Thanks for posting.
Thank you! It is my own design, but I did get ideas from photos on the internet and the idea for the pallet planks fastened on the inside of the frame from you, so thank you for that!! I don't like following written plans. I'm weird like that. 😆

I might post some dimensions and process photos and such on my shop website (which is currently in progress).

It is my own design, but I did get ideas from photos on the internet and the idea for the pallet planks fastened on the inside of the frame from you, so thank you for that!! I don't like following written plans. I'm weird like that. 😆

It's a really nice project. Putting the planks inside a frame does indeed give the outward appearance of a flush face. I'm glad you were able to use that in your build.

I guess I like to look at plans and modify them to my needs. Probably because I don't have those fine woodworking skills that maybe you have. But I do have some good miter saws so I could certainly cut the angles for that hexagon part of the well.

:caf Mostly I look at plans and think about how to modify them to work with pallet wood. I like to simplify things and try to make them stronger at the same time.

I might post some dimensions and process photos and such on my shop website (which is currently in progress).

:love I'm sure people would be glad to see any photos, specs, etc.. on that pallet wood well project. If you get a chance, please post what you can.

Thanks.

It's a really nice project. Putting the planks inside a frame does indeed give the outward appearance of a flush face. I'm glad you were able to use that in your build.

I guess I like to look at plans and modify them to my needs. Probably because I don't have those fine woodworking skills that maybe you have. But I do have some good miter saws so I could certainly cut the angles for that hexagon part of the well.

:caf Mostly I look at plans and think about how to modify them to work with pallet wood. I like to simplify things and try to make them stronger at the same time.

:love I'm sure people would be glad to see any photos, specs, etc.. on that pallet wood well project. If you get a chance, please post what you can.

Thanks.
I will be sure to post the project page when I'm finished! And, no, I definitely do not have fine woodworking skills. I prefer to stick to "rustic" projects so I don't need to be precise. :lol:

I bought a disc for angle grinder that cuts wood, plastic and plasterboard. the best solution ever to cut pallet wood, at least for me. more precise and faster than anything I used before.

looks like this one but mine doesn't cut nails.

I have not considered using an angle grinder to break down pallets. I have a couple of angle grinders so it would be no big deal to pick up a cutting disc like you posted.

:idunno I am familiar with using a circular saw to cut the planks off the 2X4 stretchers. I am familiar with using a demolition blade to cut off the nails in the planks to remove them. In what way(s) do you use the angle grinder to breakdown your pallets? I'm all for exploring new ways to disassemble pallets.

⚠️ A big concern of mine would be actually using the angle grinder. It was drilled into my head that the angle grinder is one of the most dangerous tools in the shop because of the very high spinning speed of the disc. Also, there is a higher chance of kick back with an angle grinder compared to the reciprocating or circular saw. Would you please address any safety concerns you might have using an angle grinder to breakdown your pallets? Thanks.

I have not considered using an angle grinder to break down pallets. I have a couple of angle grinders so it would be no big deal to pick up a cutting disc like you posted.

:idunno I am familiar with using a circular saw to cut the planks off the 2X4 stretchers. I am familiar with using a demolition blade to cut off the nails in the planks to remove them. In what way(s) do you use the angle grinder to breakdown your pallets? I'm all for exploring new ways to disassemble pallets.

⚠️ A big concern of mine would be actually using the angle grinder. It was drilled into my head that the angle grinder is one of the most dangerous tools in the shop because of the very high spinning speed of the disc. Also, there is a higher chance of kick back with an angle grinder compared to the reciprocating or circular saw. Would you please address any safety concerns you might have using an angle grinder to breakdown your pallets? Thanks.

don't bother. if I had a circular saw I would use it.

It was drilled into my head that the angle grinder is one of the most dangerous tools in the shop
Yeah, hubby has told me that the angle grinder is the most dangerous tool he owns. I haven't tried using it yet. I have him do it and observe.

It's one of those special tools, for him. He doesn't use it often, but when needed, it is the best, most efficient tool for the job.

Back
Top Bottom