Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Those heavy mats are made for horses. If you want to go the rubber mat floor option, maybe something like this Rubber Gym Floor Roll would be worth considering for a chicken coop....

View attachment 3800222

Certainly less heavy than the stall mats.

I don't want to talk you into or out of anything, but I liked your idea of using sacrificial plywood as the floor covering. Probably because you already have it and it's no cost to you. I like to minimize the costs of my coop build/repairs. I imagine that a rubber mat would probably last a lifetime in a coop. There certainly is value in that.
I'll keep doing research until I can decide what would work best for us. We will still use sacrificial plywood as the main part of the floor, but I'd love to have something on top of it so I don't have to replace it often, if ever. When we get it done, I'll post an update!

For now, we made some more progress (got those triangle areas covered, and put some sides on the window to make it look better and more intruder-proof. We also started working on our posts for the run):
8251F04E-22F1-406E-B9E3-33B78F93EBA1.jpeg

BA0E508A-4D7B-4CEE-B602-9BE6C1388C2C.jpeg

I'll keep doing research until I can decide what would work best for us. We will still use sacrificial plywood as the main part of the floor, but I'd love to have something on top of it so I don't have to replace it often, if ever. When we get it done, I'll post an update!

For now, we made some more progress (got those triangle areas covered, and put some sides on the window to make it look better and more intruder-proof. We also started working on our posts for the run):
View attachment 3801328
View attachment 3801329
I really like it... very well done ❤️

I have finally put together a post about how I built my pallet old-fashioned well planter! Here is the link for anyone interested: https://rusticrobinworkshop.blogspot.com/2024/04/old-fashioned-well-planter.html

@ChicksnMore @fuzzi

:bow Very nice blog post link on your (mostly) pallet wood old-fashioned well planter. For anyone new to this pallet wood project thread or the discussion of your well planter posts a week or so ago, here are a few screenshots from your blog link for them...

1713241362873.png

1713241441684.png

I know there were a number of people interested in maybe building one of these old-fashioned wells. Thank you for the details of the build in your blog link.

I have read through your blog post, and did have one question pertaining to the hexagon frame...

1713242056214.png

Did you cut each of those boards at 30° on the miter saw? I did not see where that was mentioned, but I think the math comes out to 30°. Just wanted a verification if you can. I highlighted the angled cut I am referring to in the following picture...

1713242414224.png

Well, that project is really a work of art, and your instructions should help anyone wanting to build an old-fashioned well of their own. I love how you broke the project down into easy to understand steps. I think lots of people here could make that project with your instructions.

:clap Thanks again for sharing your project and going the extra steps to make a blog post on how to make it. I encourage those who expressed an interest in this project to go to the blog post and leave a friendly comment on that blog page if you can. Good work like that should be recognized.

:bow Very nice blog post link on your (mostly) pallet wood old-fashioned well planter. For anyone new to this pallet wood project thread or the discussion of your well planter posts a week or so ago, here are a few screenshots from your blog link for them...

View attachment 3802605
View attachment 3802606

I know there were a number of people interested in maybe building one of these old-fashioned wells. Thank you for the details of the build in your blog link.

I have read through your blog post, and did have one question pertaining to the hexagon frame...

View attachment 3802609

Did you cut each of those boards at 30° on the miter saw? I did not see where that was mentioned, but I think the math comes out to 30°. Just wanted a verification if you can. I highlighted the angled cut I am referring to in the following picture...

View attachment 3802617

Well, that project is really a work of art, and your instructions should help anyone wanting to build an old-fashioned well of their own. I love how you broke the project down into easy to understand steps. I think lots of people here could make that project with your instructions.

:clap Thanks again for sharing your project and going the extra steps to make a blog post on how to make it. I encourage those who expressed an interest in this project to go to the blog post and leave a friendly comment on that blog page if you can. Good work like that should be recognized.
Thanks so much! Yes, the angle is 30° - I noted this in the drawing. The 2x4s were cut with the miter saw and the pallet slats at each end also have a 30° bevel cut with the table saw.

Thanks so much! Yes, the angle is 30° - I noted this in the drawing. The 2x4s were cut with the miter saw and the pallet slats at each end also have a 30° bevel cut with the table saw.

:old OK, I blew up that picture and now I can see that you clearly marked the drawing with that 30° angle. I did not see it before. I'm getting old and my eyes are not so sharp right now. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

:old OK, I blew up that picture and now I can see that you clearly marked the drawing with that 30° angle. I did not see it before. I'm getting old and my eyes are not so sharp right now. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
No problem! I know the drawing is a bit small inside the post. Maybe I'll make the post width a bit bigger.

I'll be updating the photos in the blog post when I put flowers in it. Very excited for that. 😁

Back
Top Bottom