Show me your pools

Love this!
1604355845733.png

I have a shallow hole in the ground that we constantly feed water to from a spring on our hill. It is awesome, not everyone has that set up though. Kiddie pools are good, this is my favorite idea for getting the perfect pool!
Those are both great ideas! Probably a lot of work to clean out though.

This is very similar to what I was thinking of doing actually. Is the tub elevated for the drain? I see a platform there also. I would like something simple to clean like this and I have areas where I can use the water for plants other than my vegetable garden.
Yes, the entire thing is on a pallet, and the exit hose goes slightly downhill to help it drain. The valve to open/close the drain is on the end of the hose.

My ducks walk up stairs to get to the pool. I've read other people asserting that ducks won't use stairs, but mine aren't aware of that. They waddle/run up and down easily.

I'll get a clog a few times a year. Usually during a molt. So I got a new toilet plunger specifically for the pool. It works great.

It cost more and took more effort to build, but I've been using it for over 5 years. It's very simple and I need something that is easy on my body.

Attachments

• 0913591D-CCF2-46C3-87AE-DB760EBE263F.jpeg
    0913591D-CCF2-46C3-87AE-DB760EBE263F.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 1021FE0D-6BEF-43C6-8919-255952B6DA2C.jpeg
    1021FE0D-6BEF-43C6-8919-255952B6DA2C.jpeg
    871.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 63DBEE2D-1886-4DFB-9B15-87546253C363.jpeg
    63DBEE2D-1886-4DFB-9B15-87546253C363.jpeg
    899.3 KB · Views: 50
Have you ever tried duck weed to clean the water?

I am also using a stock tank.
I do not think they need 2' deep.

Mine is the same kind as @KaleIAm is using. I really like it over the kiddie pools.

I am looking at adding a second one close to the electrical outlet so I can close the one that is likely to freeze in winter.

IMG_20200524_114337.jpg
My ball valve is right at the tank. Not so much fun when they poo on my access door. I have pvc run to direct the water out and away from the run.

IMG_20200710_065416.jpg

Yes, the entire thing is on a pallet, and the exit hose goes slightly downhill to help it drain. The valve to open/close the drain is on the end of the hose.

My ducks walk up stairs to get to the pool. I've read other people asserting that ducks won't use stairs, but mine aren't aware of that. They waddle/run up and down easily.

I'll get a clog a few times a year. Usually during a molt. So I got a new toilet plunger specifically for the pool. It works great.

It cost more and took more effort to build, but I've been using it for over 5 years. It's very simple and I need something that is easy on my body.
Thanks so much for all the info! I’m not prepared to dump every day so a drain would be fantastic. I am absolutely with you on not putting that much plastic in the trash.I don’t have a lot of time to spend cleaning either so simple is always better.
I’m going to show this to hubs and see what we come up with.

I am also using a stock tank.
I do not think they need 2' deep.

Mine is the same kind as @KaleIAm is using. I really like it over the kiddie pools.

I am looking at adding a second one close to the electrical outlet so I can close the one that is likely to freeze in winter.

View attachment 2397472
My ball valve is right at the tank. Not so much fun when they poo on my access door. I have pvc run to direct the water out and away from the run.

View attachment 2397473
Thanks for the pics! This helps quite a bit. I saw this same stock tanks at TSC but there’s nothing to give scale to see the size. As soon as I know for sure there are ducks developing in the eggs I’ll go get a couple.

Thanks for the pics! This helps quite a bit. I saw this same stock tanks at TSC but there’s nothing to give scale to see the size. As soon as I know for sure there are ducks developing in the eggs I’ll go get a couple.

That is a 50 gallon tank. I found a metal 134 gallon online that is 5' diameter. It has a drain plug and it would be a nice size. Finding it may be a challenge but I plan to look for one come spring.
The 50 gallon is about 2'x4'x1'.

https://nrsworld.com/products/hastings-134-gallon-round-tank?variant=34247556563083&msclkid=265b78b5a96c1770b1502714fa4325d0&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BPA - Brands - Tack & Supplies&utm_term=4584963491441164&utm_content=BPA Brand - Tack & Supplies|Hastings|C:70

Back
Top Bottom