Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
I had some old rabbit water bottles with nipples. The bottles got nasty and wasn't able to clean. The nipples screwed right on to two liter bottles and worked great. Just remember to put small vent hole in top of bottle or it will collapse on itself.

Hi I need help with my new quail pen and I want to hold in the heat well but with a good venting system too...

1. Will a wire floor and no istilation keep my cage above 55f?

2. How can I keep out flies!?!?

3.is there any way to reduse food spillage if you use one of the round plastic chick feeders???

Thx

Hi I need help with my new quail pen and I want to hold in the heat well but with a good venting system too...

1. Will a wire floor and no istilation keep my cage above 55f?
Good luck. There are a hundred or so old thread on this. I've yet to find something that works well. Fly paper doesn't work at all.

3.is there any way to reduse food spillage if you use one of the round plastic chick feeders???
Put a block under the feeder so they have to reach up and over the edge. They can't scratch it out when it's higher up and it cuts down on the food they can toss out with their beaks.

Thx

This is a 1x1 pen for 2 females and 1 male I made for my daughter.

I have a dropping pan behind a magnetic door and a gravity PVC feeder.

Ok made my pen!

Nice outside area, with a cozy inside!
6square feet!
Home to...
Pilchuck- tuxedo hen
Issic- wild type hen
Egor- a&m deformed hen
Simba- Italian roo
Nala- light Italian roo

The Cornish Quail Hotel Has It's First Baby!

Yes we are all eggstatic here at the Cornish Quail Hotel. The photos below are the bridal suite, then naturally we have featured the expectant mother, The new baby, (it was a huge egg the size of a paint pot nearly!) and finaly the proud father watches on with a gleam in his eye. We congratulate Quentin and Queeny!

Back
Top Bottom