Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics

I did what I could with what I had.

This is one of the 4 Pens I will be building. What are your thoughts? It is 3x5x14 inch 30 inches off the ground and I will be placing it in my garage for the winter months. I plan to keep 14 Females and 3 males in them.

I would be very leery of that pen. The plastic mesh is an open invitation to any rat, coon, possum etc to have a nice quail meal.

I would be very leery of that pen. The plastic mesh is an open invitation to any rat, coon, possum etc to have a nice quail meal.
X2

At the very least cover the edges of the mesh with strips of wood nailed down. Metal mesh/welded wire is much safer for the quail. Even a dog can rip into plastic and eat your birds.
droolin.gif

I figured I would put some strapping on the edges. I am more worried about the quail getting out. I will be putting the pen inside the garage, next to a window. The garage is predator proof. I was also thinking of getting a greenhouse for the winter months. I just dont know how it would work out.

If the pen is going to stay in the garage, and you'll never be leaving the garage door open unattended you might be ok. Otherwise the quail are going to attract predators and they will go through plastic mesh like wet paper.

Wow, such neat ideas here! Thanks for sharing, once mine is built I'll be sure to add it in here too!

Back
Top Bottom