Show me your Runs!...please 😇

Pics
The run was simple enough and they love using the side with the shingles to take cover from winter wind/summer sun and rain throughout the seasons. The perches in the open run don't get used as often as I thought they would, and they hardly ever use the swings, so I'm considering removing them and figuring out some other kind of perch, instead.

I love the shingled area as rain cover/shade.

Instead of the swings, you could put in some sawhorses? It'd give them something to fly up on if they so choose, as well as something to walk around and under.

Not fancy for sure, but they get the job done. I just kicked my turkeys out of their "house" and run and am using it for my pullets. ("House" is 12x12. Run is a strange shape rather than square or rectangle. 30 feet long on the longest side. The other long side is close to that then it is 16 feet across at the narrowest point and more than 25 feet at the widest point on that same side. Plenty big for my 5 mottled Java girls.
IMG_5545.JPG

This is the new turkey house and run. (Well the "house" isn't new, I've had it for 20 years for a horse shelter.) House is 12x16. Run is 905 sq feet. ("House" is NOT included in that measurement.) Just got the (stay the hell in) roof done today. Still need to get them some new perching limbs for outside and some other stuff like outdoor windbreaks and what not. They are NOT impressed and act like it is a turkey torture chamber and want back in their OLD house/run! As soon as I let them out, they go to their "old" gate and want IN. LOL (They moved in there Monday evening which is when I got the Java's.)

IMG_5842.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

I was just curious to see your guy's Runs! How big, clutter, and set up.
Maybe to get some ideas for roofs and adding extra clutter (logs, old ladders, boulders, etc.)

Imitation is the finest form of flattery as they say. My run is done but adding onto or to it itself.

Mine is a 12W×48L (576sqft) I have some very old fallen cut trees with the branches attached. They have been dug and stuck into the ground with some rather large boulders (perks of working in a Landscaping company) I will be adding two grazing boxes with various types of vegetation growing for them to have access to. And a tin barrier along the bottom half of the run covering about half of it up until the bend in the elbow if you will. Going to be also putting in a small covered area next to the automatic chicken door. That way they can have a deep shade and protection against wind, rain, and snow, etc. View attachment 2568726
This is the view from inside the coop
View attachment 2568727
This is the entire run from the side, excuse the dreadful horrendously depressing dead yard 😅 it's greening up now.
View attachment 2568729
This is the main entrance to the run the "Big Door" if you will. Made it large so we could bring in a tractor or snow blower for winters sakes.

Show me your runs! Always looking for inspiration! 😁😁
Run and Chick shed 2020.jpg Chick shed door run view 2020.jpg Chick shed inside roost second set up girls roosting 2020 .jpg

From 10x10 covered dog pen to 10x20 run, and growing.
Nice!

How does that tarp do in the rain?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1616440769491.png

Hello Friends,

I was just curious to see your guy's Runs! How big, clutter, and set up.
Maybe to get some ideas for roofs and adding extra clutter (logs, old ladders, boulders, etc.)

Imitation is the finest form of flattery as they say. My run is done but adding onto or to it itself.

Mine is a 12W×48L (576sqft) I have some very old fallen cut trees with the branches attached. They have been dug and stuck into the ground with some rather large boulders (perks of working in a Landscaping company) I will be adding two grazing boxes with various types of vegetation growing for them to have access to. And a tin barrier along the bottom half of the run covering about half of it up until the bend in the elbow if you will. Going to be also putting in a small covered area next to the automatic chicken door. That way they can have a deep shade and protection against wind, rain, and snow, etc. View attachment 2568726
This is the view from inside the coop
View attachment 2568727
This is the entire run from the side, excuse the dreadful horrendously depressing dead yard 😅 it's greening up now.
View attachment 2568729
This is the main entrance to the run the "Big Door" if you will. Made it large so we could bring in a tractor or snow blower for winters sakes.

Show me your runs! Always looking for inspiration! 😁😁
very polite of you to say 'please'🐶

Back
Top Bottom