Show me your SILKIE MUTTS

australorpchick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
Canyon Lake, TX
These are the kids from our first hatch. They're 16 weeks old. I only have a silkie roo, so every chick will be silkie or silkie-mix. We really weren't sure what we'd end up with, but these three turned out to be gorgeous (yes, I am a gushing mom)!

This Paddy (aka Mr. Padmums), he's 1/2 delaware and has spotted legs:
23177_cowboys_comal_fair_chickens_069.jpg

This is McNugget (aka Nugget), he's 1/2 BO/EE and wouldn't pose for the pictures:
23177_cowboys_comal_fair_chickens_084.jpg

This is Runty, she's 1/2 australorp and has the most beautiful, soft, black feathers. They're so shiny, her back actually looks green, blue and purple.
23177_cowboys_comal_fair_chickens_089.jpg

23177_cowboys_comal_fair_chickens_085.jpg

Please share your beautiful silkie-mutt pictures.

Quote:
How pretty! Is that a buff brahma-mix?

No, Buff Silkie henX Black tail buff Dutch bantam rooster

They do look a bit like brahmas, actually. What I like about them is that they have the deepest richest buff color I have seen. You can't see it well in the picture, but it's very rich.

Great Post! I have 5 eggs in the bator due to hatch next week. So far all look good.

I have a Splash Bantam Roo and a White Silkie Roo. The hens are 2 Black Silkies and one Bantam Cochin. I believe the black girls laid the eggs so I am pretty excited to see what I get.

I hear the Roos are Dominent color so cannot wait! I really like Silkie mixes myself. Enjoy looking at any Silkie picture. You all have absolutely beautiful birds! Thank you for showing us.

luvarabhorses, I am in LOVE
barnie.gif
love.gif

wow those are BEAUTIFUL
ep.gif

I am buying a bator this weekend......
fl.gif

... If you ever ship eggs you need to let me know...
I will break it to the hubby that yes.... more
jumpy.gif

hide.gif
he loves me
wee.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif

and I need them LOL

Back
Top Bottom