Show me your stunning Sebrights!

Very pretty & cool breeding color project. I've never seen that Sebright pattern before. (Only the reg gold & silver) I suppose someone may do a blue laced project someday.

..... Of course, I can barely control my ONE Sebright. I can't imagine having multiples like her.
:lau
I currently have about 15! The babies are total terrors - they help themselves in and out of the chicken runs as it suits them. There is no "making" these guys do anything. Everything has to be because they want to do it LOL <3

Very pretty & cool breeding color project. I've never seen that Sebright pattern before. (Only the reg gold & silver) I suppose someone may do a blue laced project someday.

..... Of course, I can barely control my ONE Sebright. I can't imagine having multiples like her.
:lau
Not my project. I got these three from a hatchery actually. It certainly helps though how friendly they are for me. I don't enjoy birds I can't handle at night *cough* my Silkies *cough*

Has anyone noticed under red light golds look silver. When I got my Sebright from TSC I was like, "Omg! They have a silver laced bird! I have always wanted a silver laced bird!" These chicks were old enough that about half their wing feathers had grown in and that was what I was judging off of. Guy let me go pick mine out and I picked one up and it was gold laced. I literally picked up every laced bird because I was sure that some were silver laced! Gold laced was fine with me, but I was pretty amazed at how much a red light could change the color.

Has anyone noticed under red light golds look silver. When I got my Sebright from TSC I was like, "Omg! They have a silver laced bird! I have always wanted a silver laced bird!" These chicks were old enough that about half their wing feathers had grown in and that was what I was judging off of. Guy let me go pick mine out and I picked one up and it was gold laced. I literally picked up every laced bird because I was sure that some were silver laced! Gold laced was fine with me, but I was pretty amazed at how much a red light could change the color.
I've never tried that!

I've always hankered after Sebrights. I think they are really beautiful and I have a soft spot for laced feathering. I ideally wanted a couple of silvers and bought some hatching eggs this year (a mixed bunch of micro bantam breeds). I ended up with one golden Sebright and was really lucky that she was a pullet!

She is 19 weeks old and has just laid her first egg, which compared to her tiny body size is rather big! Her name is Brightstar and she is super feisty for her size. She lives in my mixed bantam flock with silkies, polish, barnevelders, OEGB, seramas, wyandotte, welsummer, and silkie/polish crosses.

She is flighty and loves nothing more than flying up to roost in my fruit trees. A couple of times she has flown over the 6ft fence into next door's garden and once up on to the roof of their two storey house when she got spooked. She doesn't like being caught, but will sit in your hand when she has been. She pecks my feet for treats and will eat from my hand.

I know she isn't show quality, but her lacing may get a little sharper in time. Either way, she is cuteness in a cream bun.

I think Sebrights are such a neatly formed little bird, with beautiful colouring and bold characters. I hope to get some silvers next year.

I'd love to see some pictures of your Sebrights and stories of their escapades!
Would you like pictures of my 2 TSC Golden Sebright chicks? They are most likely not show quality. I've had them for quite a bit so their around a month old.

Back
Top Bottom