SHOW ME YOUR WALK IN COOPS!

Here are mine, I have two that are walk in coops.

KK2017.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

tardis in trees.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 4
We have a walk in coop. Excuse these older photos, this is before we finished trimming out the roof line/façade on front. We have also run electricity out to it instead of extension cords that we were using. They have a fan mounted inside (you can kind of see it through the upper right window) and if we get extreme cold we also hang a heat lamp ver their roost bar.
We live in a hot climate, so lots of air flow was important to me, but wouldn't you know it our very first winter with chickens (last year!) we got SNOW. Insane. TWICE. So during those events we used tar paper to cover up all the front window openings and plastic over the upper side vents.

a4873.jpg

a4883.jpg

a4886.jpg

How many chickens do you plan on keeping in your 8 x 10' coop? That's about the size I'm building.

My coop is 12x8 and I have had up to 40 in there at once. I did have to whittle down the number of roosters I had though, which brought my total down to 32 chickens in there at once. I figured since I free range them, 3 sqft/bird was plenty. I do not tolerate aggressive animals, no matter what they are. When a rooster starts to square up, he goes in the pot.

Back
Top Bottom