1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Show my you raised Coop/run!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Animalian, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I'm planning on renting soon and figure a raised coop and run would be the most appealing to a landlord as it won't damage any grass and hopefully stay more contained etc

I'd like to see some of you picks for ideas on how I can build mine!

2. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I got plans for a raised coop with a run that I'm building before Xmas, but I can't see how it would save the grass? The run has to have a solid base for them to walk on, so if it's not the ground it would be something that is going to block the light from the lawn anyway, making it die off.

3. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I figure it's at least not crushing the grass and I could move it around a bit. Hopefully there would be a concrete area I could put it over really.

4. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Have you looked at all of the coop designs here on Back Yard Chickens? They have them divided up into small medium and large coops ! Ispent some time looking and now I have a lot of good ideas to incorporate into my Super Koopola [​IMG]

P.s. Sorry about the dazed smiley - LOL [​IMG] I clicked the wrong one - LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  6. AtholCoop

AtholCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    North Idaho
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

it sounds like you want a "Tractor"! Not a stationary coop that will stay in one spot. A tractor will move around on wheels or skis. There are some in the "Small coop" pages. Also, if you use the Google custom search bar at the top of this page, type in tractor coop and see what you get! You might get some great ideas!

8. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by