Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics? Yeah it was the last Hatch stag I posted. His face is still a healthy red.

So...Shubin when is that housewarming party? Lol

Yeah I'm positive he's emptying it out. His droppings look healthy, a little mushy but I think that's from not being as active. I did notice just now that he's sweating and body temperature is up. Most likely has a fever going on.

Like sdm said, if he makes it he's good, if he doesnt, I might want to reconsider these hatch, this line specifically.
Chickens don't have sweat glands that s why they pant

IMG_20180118_143652.png

Feet of a gamebird tell you a lot from what I've been told and read a good healthy on point birds feet should be cool not to cold but cool and not to the point of to much moisture lose and never hot as that tells you you have went past your bird being ready and on point. Like sdm said birds use air sacs sounds like he may be stressed from exhaustion and emptied him self out to much.

That's gamefowl anyway

What's this chicken doing texmex is he lethargic is he stable on his feet if on his feet at all on his own. Is he lying down what

If a birds feet are banged up they ain’t gonna be all chipper for awhile. Takes awhile for them to heal up completely. Just birds getting into it in the yard will tear up their feet and knock the outer layer of their spurs off sometimes if they’re young enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom