Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bred the pair that he sent me and penned all the stags for almost a year, then when I started moving a few to tie cords I noticed they were hacked before I could a cord on their leg, so I took them back to the pen area and tried face a few of them. I know butcher blood more than any that I own and they were not acting the way they should've been. I never got one to face or piss one off enough to show me something so I culled everything that involved Marsh Butcher.

I had the same thing happen with Sid Taylors, i had the good stuff from Art Heffner.
Dr. Herring came down wanting some of'em and brought a trio oh his to swap and I swapped with him. Take note; i kept them completely separate and had same results that you had with Mark Marsh's butchers....... they were worthless, not worthy of even giving to anyone.
I did notice the last time i saw him advertise he had Art Hefner Sids forsale, lol

There's also a story of a man named stanstill or something like that that got some of his blues and infused hatch in them and that's supposed to be another line if you will.
Others say roundhead is the main infusion Lloyd did.
Prolly none of it's true lol

Same thing i heard

it's all hearsay but yes. Some say they should always be straight comb pearl yellow leg but there's also a story about him (Lloyd miner) breaking off another sect of his miners that were crossed with stuff and that's where the pea comb come from. And each story people are insisting their version is the true one. So believe what you will but I know the splash are some cutting sob's

I'd like some of that 'cutting sob' blood

Thing is is out of all the ones I had or hatched none ever looked like another breed like a throwback they always were off color

I think that will always be a problem with blue-blood. Racey mug is a good example of about 15 to 30 different variations of color and type(wow)

I had the same thing happen with Sid Taylors, i had the good stuff from Art Heffner.
Dr. Herring came down wanting some of'em and brought a trio oh his to swap and I swapped with him. Take note; i kept them completely separate and had same results that you had with Mark Marsh's butchers....... they were worthless, not worthy of even giving to anyone.
I did notice the last time i saw him advertise he had Art Hefner Sids forsale, lol
I don't understand why people do that, you know that Mark has good blood on his farm, hell he offered to replace the pair and I told him I should've never had to worry about them in the first place and I dang sure wasn't going to spend 2 more years breeding more crap. Pissed him off but hell I was pissed off for him selling me junk. His daddy and grandfather would've never sent that crap to someone.

Last edited:
20180323_042903.png

Reference the last 4 lines

I don't understand why people do that, you know that Mark has good blood on his farm, hell he offered to replace the pair and I told him I should've never had to worry about them in the first place and I dang sure wasn't going to spend 2 more years breeding more crap. Pissed him off but he'll I was pissed off for him selling me junk. His daddy and grandfather would've never sent that crap to someone.
I completely understand your frustration on this with all the time and effort invested. It is ironic how some of the best birds available are gifted or sold for next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom