Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello centrarchid this cock pictured is 5 years old and is not mine but is a good friend of mine and i have access to him when needed as of yesterday i went and picked up another of his daughters from a different breeding than the muff hen pictured this rooster is a prover producer in the brood pen with many sons of a high caliber as far as wanting any of the hens characteristics I'm not to sure about the hens side so i would just like to set my line leaning to the rooster side of things so next year i will single mate the rooster to 2 of his daughters will that be enough or should i try to get one more daughter i could also get a son or have access to one if needed and ill go from there.....  oh i missed your question yes i keep records single mate toe punch and then tag all recorded in a book...  

Do a third if you can. Son will not help at this point. Sons begot by breeding to his daughters will be more what you want with each generation. You will be at owners whim is bird kept there.

Try and get a look at the cocks full sisters and mother if they still exist. Will give insight into what female side will ultimately look like. Also take picture of all stags and pullets making it to adulthood. Consider putting them on a wall like a genealogy.

the cock in question will be around for years to come unless he dies of sickness or some other unforeseen event because he is a known producer i Sal his son yesterday and thy had nothing but good things to say about him i will see about getting one more daughter should not be that hard I'm planing to create a book with photos and band numbers and other info birth dates and much more to help with record keeping on these breeding's like i said i have to hens so far hen#1 is blue in color with a muff and rose comb hen #2 is blue in color with a pea comb so I'm thinking the hens from the 2 matings will more than likely come blue in color...

yeah i can you ever see the chicks that thy color and sell and yes revenge is sweet tell them laugh
now cry later...

Hi everyone, i am looking to buy some fertile gamefowl hatching eggs. i just tried ebay and got bad eggs. Out of twenty. None hatched and my incubator is set perfectly. I just hatched a bunch of chicken eggs last month with 100 % hatch rate. So the eggs had to be bad. I know thats a chance you take. So now im looking for a better quality gamefowl breeder to deal with. The seller only had two hens and one rooster and was selling sets of ten grey gamefowl eggs that they gauranteed on the ad that the eggs would be no older than three days old when shipped. i ws fooled. Two hens takes five days to lay ten eggs so the eggs were five days old when she got the first batch. the eggs were ten days old whe they got the second batch. So now the eggs are ten days old at the oldest and still have to be shipped. I got them six days later and so sixteen days afyer the first egg was laid i got the eggs. so anyways i need to find someone who has quality gamefowl and has pride in their product. Is there anyone out there who has gamefowl hatching eggs available that has several hens so an order of twenty eggs can be no older than three days old when shipped? Let me know. I would like to see your strains you have to offer and discuss purchasing some gamefowl eggs from you. Thankyou. You can pm me

Hi everyone, i am looking to buy some fertile gamefowl hatching eggs. i just tried ebay and got bad eggs. Out of twenty. None hatched and my incubator is set perfectly. I just hatched a bunch of chicken eggs last month with 100 % hatch rate. So the eggs had to be bad. I know thats a chance you take. So now im looking for a better quality gamefowl breeder to deal with. The seller only had two hens and one rooster and was selling sets of ten grey gamefowl eggs that they gauranteed on the ad that the eggs would be no older than three days old when shipped. i ws fooled. Two hens takes five days to lay ten eggs so the eggs were five days old when she got the first batch. the eggs were ten days old whe they got the second batch. So now the eggs are ten days old at the oldest and still have to be shipped. I got them six days later and so sixteen days afyer the first egg was laid i got the eggs. so anyways i need to find someone who has quality gamefowl and has pride in their product. Is there anyone out there who has gamefowl hatching eggs available that has several hens so an order of twenty eggs can be no older than three days old when shipped? Let me know. I would like to see your strains you have to offer and discuss purchasing some gamefowl eggs from you. Thankyou. You can pm me
Dang... that sucks. Shipping eggs is always risky. I have had good and bad experiences.. I've had poor results even with fresh eggs, because the shipping process can be brutal. A few people know how to pack them right and those turn out better, but nothing is guarenteed. Its better to pick them up locally or get them through a trusted delivery service (not USPS lol).

I got some hatching eggs a few months ago I paid 125$ for a dozen and the breeder was nice enough to send me too dozen well the problem was that all the eggs had detached air cells so with the 2 dozen I got 1 chick very expensive chick I named him 125 so a lot of times its not the breeders fault but the post offices fault make sure you candle the eggs when you get them to check the air cells there is a few things you can do to help the eggs hatch so all that being said if you can find a few chicks it would be worth the money....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom