Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are currently living in my garage until I get a pen for them today. Lol. They're 6-7 months old, and the rooster decided he was going to try and fight a Wyandotte rooster that is three times his size in the backyard. For some reason he is still terrified of our tiny silkie rooster, who is the boss of the backyard.

They are currently living in my garage until I get a pen for them today. Lol. They're 6-7 months old, and the rooster decided he was going to try and fight a Wyandotte rooster that is three times his size in the backyard. For some reason he is still terrified of our tiny silkie rooster, who is the boss of the backyard.
He won't be terrified of that silkie rooster for very long. Once u pen him. Keep him there or you'll be picking up pieces of the Wyandotte and the silkie.

Rooster looks like a blue.. do you know the hen bloodline? does she have yellow legs?
Both look good and healthy.

The Silkie just has the mental edge on him due to age and dominance. The game stag will develop courage if separated from the silkie for a while, but that will ultimately require that they are always separated. I heard silkies can be aggressive little buggers.

he prolly don't know what the hell it is, some kind of monster. The silkie doesn't have the typical rooster look but he will buck up to the other

Last edited:
he prolly don't know what the hell it is, some kind of monster. The silkie doesn't have the typical rooster look but he will buck up to the other
Lol I had a couple silkies and Easter egger roosters years ago. Man that silkie would whip that Easter egger silly, yet the EE would run me down and flog me every chance he got. Neither are living anymore. Raccoon pulled the silkies head off and I pulled the EE. Silkies sure do have a lot of heart though. Just enough to get them hurt.

He won't be terrified of that silkie rooster for very long. Once u pen him. Keep him there or you'll be picking up pieces of the Wyandotte and the silkie.

Oh I know. That's why the games will now be penned for good. The silkie is also penned up now because he is a small fuzzy ball of fury and testosterone and honestly... he wouldn't last 2 seconds but he just doesn't know that. I got the games right at Easter as freshly hatched chicks and they just went out in the back with my other chickens. All was peaceful, they all coexisted. The games normally don't even stay in the backyard because they can fly right over the 6ft privacy fence. It all went haywire when I introduced that new Wyandotte rooster for my laying hens and 4 new hens. It was a free for all. Even my Muscovy drake decided he needed to join in. So now they are all split up. I was out of pens so the games got the luxury of staying in the garage. I'm going to miss having them all roaming the yard, but I definitely don't want to see poultry thunderdome again.

Last edited:
Rooster looks like a blue.. do you know the hen bloodline? does she have yellow legs?
Both look good and healthy.

They both have white legs. I have no idea of the bloodlines, and they were hatched by the same hen on someone's yard. That's not a guarantee she laid both eggs, but I'm just going to assume they are brother and sister. The guy I got these from does have a brother to this one that is nearly identical in looks. I've tried looking up the color online and I've only seen a few like him and no name to what type he might be. My dad used to breed different types of games when I was little, but they were old school bloodlines and none of them blue. So I'm completely clueless on this guy and what he might be.

Yeah, the silkie thinks he's a 30 pound rooster. That attitude. I've been watching the game for a while now. I especially was out there in the yard watching after introducing more chickens to the yard. In the morning the silkie crowed, the game rooster crowed, the new rooster crowed, and then it was on. Lol. Nobody got hurt, just hurt feelings. I could see it coming and grabbed the game rooster before he did any damage. That just happened to be the morning it happened. It was always going to happen, I just think I sped it up by adding more chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom