Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

Bunker, he'll yeah

I am planning some earth bermed dog houses if you feel like digging holes and need a couple to dig.. the ground here is nothing but rocks and clay, there is a layer of sand 16 inches or so under the surface thats only like 2 inches thick then it goes back to heavy clay and rock again.. last time i dug here i just rented a 2 person gas powered auger and it took all day to dig 6 holes 18 inches wide and 2 ft deep

I am planning some earth bermed dog houses if you feel like digging holes and need a couple to dig.. the ground here is nothing but rocks and clay, there is a layer of sand 16 inches or so under the surface thats only like 2 inches thick then it goes back to heavy clay and rock again.. last time i dug here i just rented a 2 person gas powered auger and it took all day to dig 6 holes 18 inches wide and 2 ft deep
similar here.. .clay, rocks and decomposing granite... I dig in it all the time with hand tools. builds character.

looking at the pic your ground looks more forgiving them mine. especially since i have tree roots to contend with everywhere I dig, at least i have shade and i'm not stuck digging with the sun beating on me.. our soil is the deep red clay, it's much more rock then clay, like rocks tile with clay mortar lol I thought i would have a little soil to use after digging my holes and really just had a couple more piles of rocks that i just dont need lol // it so rocky here that the town next to me is called rocky comfort

haha... ya. The front left of my yard is literally a granite boulder that was graded down.
Little better in backyard, because it might be backfill... If you look at my picture you can see all the rocks I pulled out and set on top of the pallet..
20170824_072600.jpg

luckily mine is shade also, under massive pepper tree.

looking at the pic your ground looks more forgiving them mine. especially since i have tree roots to contend with everywhere I dig, at least i have shade and i'm not stuck digging with the sun beating on me.. our soil is the deep red clay, it's much more rock then clay, like rocks tile with clay mortar lol I thought i would have a little soil to use after digging my holes and really just had a couple more piles of rocks that i just dont need lol // it so rocky here that the town next to me is called rocky comfort
what you building now? Other than doghouse swells? You get your outhouse built?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom