Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to help me develop a line of blue-legged grey toppy to use as broodies. On genetics side he wants to know if we are going to get any "Little Rogers" which most others would call chicks in black down. I have some explaining to do about how eggs are fertilized.

We also had to watch closely when we introduced pullet to stag in pen to make certain she did not get damaged. My boy also is starting to ask details about what is going on when stag topped the pullet.

Pullet is a black breasted red, half toppy, with willow legs. Stag is grey brown-breasted brown red, half toppy, half blue-legged. It will take a few years to get male side stabilized but we will have a few pullets ready by fall that are close except for leg color.

How old is your boy? My oldest daughter is 9 and we haven't had that discussion yet. Though she knows things mount/mate/hump to make babies. I haven't heard anything from her on the subject, so I'm not sure what the school has taught her yet.

Chickens and kids is like peanut butter and jelly.

How old is your boy? My oldest daughter is 9 and we haven't had that discussion yet. Though she knows things mount/mate/hump to make babies. I haven't heard anything from her on the subject, so I'm not sure what the school has taught her yet.

Chickens and kids is like peanut butter and jelly.
Boy is 6. Four-year old daughter also getting curious. In the house the can see a lot of fish breeding and I talk about it when it comes to work as well. My job very much entails animal breeding and it carries into what kids are exposed to.

No, but I should get some. She looks a little rough missing about half her tail. I barely caught her as she tried to fly out of the cage past me. After a few days of handling, she calmed right down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom