Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
of the three eggs marked "muff" two hatched, only one made it. maybe the most pathetic looking chicks I ever hatched. look like a naked neck or something. the one that survived appears vigorous and is hanging with the others ok now. I will grow it out, and hope for the best. the one that was marked "senisa" didn't hatch. he gave me 18 more eggs, I set them Friday.

weirdest thing ever.
I hatched a chick with a foot sticking out its backside, looks like a tailfeather that grew into a foot, lol
I checked the others in the box, none were missing a foot, lol
guess it would have a leg up on the competition, lol

Last edited:

Hatched this weekend

Despite my hippie lifestyle, I am a gun advocate. But only to protect against other humans, not against defenseless animals.
that is why I have a crossbow, silent and deadly. Coyotes get no pass if they are eating my birds or irritating my dogs to bark incessantly.

Ok last question for a while. After they start hatching how many days should u wait till u say the rest are not going to hatch? Its been 2 days n all have hatched but 4
After 48 hours the mama abandons the nest because the new babys have ran out of food supply from the egg and have to start feeding and watering. So 2 days should be the normal shutoff for eggs that havent hatched naturally. Incubator rules are different:)

Well according to the biologists that know everything. The coyotes in the northeast have supposedly bred with wolves. They are on average 10 lb or so heavier and some much more than that. Some say they have bred with feral dogs too. Who knows.

this is a trail camera picture that shows that a coyote will breed with a dog. Notice the two white feet.

Last edited:
this is a trail camera picture that shows that a coyote will breed with a dog. Notice the two white feet.

Where was the picture taken? Body and head look typical for coyote. A single mutation could cause the dark coat and white sox. Location may be important as some coyote relatives (Gold Jackell) might have more diversity with respect to coloration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom