1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show off your bantams, pet or show quality!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BantamSlave02, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Smile Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Thanks, I got her from a local store, but I'm sure they got the chicks from a hatchery, meyers I think, but am not sure.

2. BantamSlave02

BantamSlave02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    @Bubbles12345 , Meyer doesn't have OEGB, so probably Ideal Poultry they have a TON of OEGB!!!!!!!!

@Teila , I thin Bantam Cochins and Pekins are the same thing, it just depends on where you live, such as the spelling of gray/grey. But iI don't know, I just think Bantam Cochins are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Yep BantamSlave02 it does not really matter what we call them ... they are my feathered little beach balls [​IMG]

4. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Smile Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    yeah, probably, I know it was one of the major hatcheries but i didn't know which one... thanks, i'll ask them the next time i'm in there...

5. BantamSlave02

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    You're very welcome @Bubbles12345

Yeah, the little fluffy chickens are cute. But not always friendly, I have two that are built like a Cochin modern game cross that holler and shriek when I pick them up. They are also probably slow developing roosters, which may be why they're less fluffy and more upright and muscly. @Teila

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  6. julia305

julia305 Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2015
    London, United Kingdom
    Bantams ROCK! I lost my baby pekin bantam called Roy Orbison to a fox she used to jump onto my back and sit on my shoulder too I loved her so much. I have one banty left in my flock called Elvis she's a pekin bantam and she just about has a heart attack every time i go near her i'm trying to tame her slowly - even though i've had her from about a week old. Elvis is a beautiful chicken though I'll try and get a picture of her and post on here. I just adore bantams they are cute little bundles of fluff and feathers.

7. BantamSlave02

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    Elvis sounds like my two Pekins that are most likely roosters. @julia305

8. julia305

julia305 Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2015
    London, United Kingdom
    Really? Oh my!! That would actually explain his/her magnificent tail its all feathery and waves in the wind. She doesnt crow though is this normal? And it would also explain why i've had no eggs from her. But she is dominated by Stella the head chicken (a standard size) is this normal as well? I wonder, if I upload a picture would you be able to tell? Thank you :)

9. lillihen77

lillihen77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2015
    Spirit lake Idaho
    [​IMG]
    My brand new to me sweet TeddyRoo

10. BantamSlave02

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    Idk if I'd be able to tell, I'm usually good with sexing birds. But it might just be a personality trait. @julia305

Awwww, I love silkies, Teddy is SUPER cute. @lillihen77

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by