Show off your Coops!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cat1994, Nov 14, 2010.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Ya, that is a really good way to advertis your business [​IMG] Anyway this is my duck coop [​IMG] I made it all by myself, and all the wood and tin is reused [​IMG] You all get to see my white call ducks also [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    Cute ducks

3. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Sure, here's mine. Thanks to my wonderful husband who loves to build things (even if he won't admit it) and has a penchant for over-engineering things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ZombieChickens

ZombieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's the "starter coop"............
    [​IMG]

And HERE'S what we brought home today!!! If we can figure how to get it to the backyard, I can't wait to start fixing it up!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. shopchicks

shopchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    I really need to get some new pics of mine. This weekend I finally got the pop door and egg collection door working, so the man-door is closed up for winter. All the trim is now painted white, and I have a lucky horseshoe hung over the pop door. This is from this spring, right after I got my hens and got the run cobbled together. It is 4x8' with an 8x12' run:
    [​IMG]

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I am pretty proud of mine. They might not be the fanciest, but I did about 80% of the work on my own. I made them all from recycled shipping crates they were tossing at DH's work.

Egg Layers coop
    [​IMG]

Bredding coops
    [​IMG]

I have more pictures on my member page.

7. olliecatch

olliecatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    Olympia, Washington
    Hi Here is a picture of my coop. A friend and dh built it using old wood and part of a fence that we had built. I love it!!!!!! Its roomy inside for the girls (and a couple of guys)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

8. sablevulpe

sablevulpe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Andover, MN
    Quote:Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling to be able to point and say, "i did that!"? Great job.

9. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Quote:Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling to be able to point and say, "i did that!"? Great job.

Thanks. My oldest son helped out with the big coop before he left for bootcamp. We had a lot of fun together. I have 11 more crates to work with so we will be putting in more runs and making some to sell.
    Now I just need to finish the remodel of our house!

10. justcelia

justcelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    SE Michigan
    OK, This is our first try at raising chickens. This is home to 2 Brahma hens that will be laying SOON! [​IMG]

Everything was repurposed/free except the roof (corrigated clear plastic) and the bubble wrap we insulated the inside ceiling of the coop area. (Plastic roofs build up condensation that can result in a damp coop)

The handles are the back and legs to a folding chair and the grips are off one of our Harleys.

None of the lumber was square or even the same size! (looks a bit like a quilt!) The paint is Oops from Lowe's/Home Depot. I can't resist buying it. I must have 15 cans of the stuff in different colors!
    Even the hardware cloth was part of someones iguana cage! Gotta love Craigs list.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is really a chicken tractor, but we did it ourselves at VERY little cost!
    I would build eaves into the plans next time. We are putting cove base areound the top. Screw into the "lip" and it sticks out at an angle just like eaves would! Then caulk the seams and where it meets the frame!

Celia
    2 Brahama hens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by