67676_dsc_4001.jpg

67676_dsc_4002.jpg

67676_dsc_4004.jpg

67676_dsc_4005.jpg

67676_dsc_4006.jpg

67676_dsc_4008.jpg

67676_dsc_4009.jpg

67676_dsc_4010.jpg

Sure, here's mine. Thanks to my wonderful husband who loves to build things (even if he won't admit it) and has a penchant for over-engineering things.

52978_025.jpg

52978_027.jpg

I really need to get some new pics of mine. This weekend I finally got the pop door and egg collection door working, so the man-door is closed up for winter. All the trim is now painted white, and I have a lucky horseshoe hung over the pop door. This is from this spring, right after I got my hens and got the run cobbled together. It is 4x8' with an 8x12' run:
chickenrun002.jpg

I am pretty proud of mine. They might not be the fanciest, but I did about 80% of the work on my own. I made them all from recycled shipping crates they were tossing at DH's work.

Egg Layers coop
38307_100_3055_-_copy.jpg

Bredding coops
38307_100_3060.jpg

I have more pictures on my member page.

Quote:
Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling to be able to point and say, "i did that!"? Great job.

Thanks. My oldest son helped out with the big coop before he left for bootcamp. We had a lot of fun together. I have 11 more crates to work with so we will be putting in more runs and making some to sell.
Now I just need to finish the remodel of our house!

OK, This is our first try at raising chickens. This is home to 2 Brahma hens that will be laying SOON!
fl.gif

Everything was repurposed/free except the roof (corrigated clear plastic) and the bubble wrap we insulated the inside ceiling of the coop area. (Plastic roofs build up condensation that can result in a damp coop)

The handles are the back and legs to a folding chair and the grips are off one of our Harleys.

None of the lumber was square or even the same size! (looks a bit like a quilt!) The paint is Oops from Lowe's/Home Depot. I can't resist buying it. I must have 15 cans of the stuff in different colors!
Even the hardware cloth was part of someones iguana cage! Gotta love Craigs list.

70394_coop_finished_6.jpg

70394_coop_finished_8.jpg

70394_coop_further_from_house_2.jpg

It is really a chicken tractor, but we did it ourselves at VERY little cost!
I would build eaves into the plans next time. We are putting cove base areound the top. Screw into the "lip" and it sticks out at an angle just like eaves would! Then caulk the seams and where it meets the frame!

Celia
2 Brahama hens!

Back
Top Bottom