Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Yes that's what I'm afraid of too, but thinking I may have one hen hopefully! But I will try to get better pics today up close and personal lol thanks

Yes they have very thick legs :( Did not want all roosters for sure, have 3 grown hens now, the brooder hatched these eggs were given to us from someone else. We had a hawk problem and lost 3 of our best egg producers just trying to replace them.........

LaRay, they look like boys to me. The Dellie pullet I had had much daintier legs than any of those, and at that age, her comb wasn't as large or red. They are handsome boys, for sure!

Knowing they have thick legs and combs does NOT mean they are boys. I had one that fit that criteria up until She layed. WoW! what a surprise that was to me. She was always the dominate hen as long as I had her. She just outgrew her other hens so much that I was completely fooled. I hope that for you too. Gloria Jean

Yes I'm thinking the same? What a shame, there is only one that I feel maybe a hen she looks like some of my other hens so I'm hoping just have 2 Roos for sure I'm pretty sure they are, they are starting to fight and they strut across the yard with thier chest stuck out lol, they walk different than the one with lots of black on her, shes also heavier looking too? So I will have to wait and see, I need to get rid of the 2 roosters, I'm afraid they will hurt my 2lb yorkie who thinks she a German Shepard, she handles the females pretty good but I dont think she's a match for the delaware roosters! I have Astrolorpes? spelling not sure but the were raised in the house for a month with her and dont even pay attention to her when she runs right thru them chasing the squirells lol Im sure I only have one rooster in that bunch(6). Thanks for the advice appreciate it! I will post more pics

I also have more pics of all of them on my facebook page you can look at LaRay Thomason Im located in Spotsylvania Virginia

This is thier coop, the one rooster is so nasty the other babies arent roosting they are in the laying boxes tonight! The smaller coop is for the new Astrolorpes

Back
Top Bottom