Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

The 2 fluff butts in the last picture are hens!!!!!!!! the forward chick is a roo facing side, no if ands or butts, the 2 facing away from the camera there tail feathers are not barred. they are black with white lacing, not the best tails for a hen but still a hen............ I'll bet money on it.......... so I still say 2 roos 2 hens

Well now I see what your seeing ghostrider65, in the first set of pics the picture(post 11684) with the pullets rumps didn't show up on my 'puter' and from the responses some others gave they must of not seen it either. So yes I say the two fuzzy rump't ones are pullets. The first set of pics shows all four to be cockerels to me though? Ok

Jeff

Last edited:
I have Delaware Chickens and they are pretty and good layers and very friendly, recently we hatched with a brooder the chicks are 13 weeks old how can I tell the rooster from the hens here are some picks, thanks if anyone can help?
I missed the ones others saw, till later on IDK how? Oh well it'll get squared away eventually, LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey guys the 2 fluff butts you see in the pics are my last years Hens, they are hens and lay good eggs every day! :) Pretty sure have 2 roos and possibly a third one :( gonna give them till the end of the month unless they get too nasty (which they are headed in that direction) then they will go! Thanks for the information appreciate it very much :)

Oh wow!!! I am so excited to see everyone's beautiful Dellies!!! I am brand new to chickens, and I really wanted Historic Breeds. I tried so very hard to find Delaware Blues, but it seems its nearly impossible. I saw them at a Historical farm in Ridley Creek, Pennsylvania and I absolutely fell in love with the Delaware Blues. Needless to say, for my first Mother's day and my battle with cancer, I asked for my own chickens (and my Husband couldn't say no ha ha!). Delawares were a requirement. My mother-in-law went to a chicken swap meet in Virgina and got me two beautiful pullets. Meet Selene and Astrid.

Looking over them is my Lavender Orp, Phaedre

and i have to say, Ghost Rider, your Roo is GORGEOUS!

Jeff, GostRider, Kim This is the brooder that hatched the Roos that I have posted Her Name is Fluffy Butt (had to show this was too funny!)Her nearest the fence, roos in background :)

Her wings have been cut, she will fly out off the lot. They all free range from 3:00 till dark. The Coop, skylight and all :)

Welcome, Winters Witch! Those are some very pretty girls you have there. I think you will enjoy having your own chickens
big_smile.png
They're therapy in their own right, you know.

LaRaysChicks, your hen is awesome. I love that super floofy bottom of hers. It always makes my day when I see a big, fluffy chicken bum like that.

Back
Top Bottom