Show off your Easter Eggers!

Pics
how exciting! My girls are 18 weeks and they have all the signs. Their combs are super red and their squatting when I pet them so I'm gonna get eggs soon! Did she use the nest box?

She didn't use the nest box this time, but I'm hoping that will change. She was jumping in and out of them for the past 2 days, but she opted for the corner of the coop. I was so excited to find the little green egg. I've been dying to know what color it would be. Good luck with your girls! If they are squatting, you are certainly going to get eggs soon!! Brownie just started squatting about 3 days ago.

She didn't use the nest box this time, but I'm hoping that will change. She was jumping in and out of them for the past 2 days, but she opted for the corner of the coop. I was so excited to find the little green egg. I've been dying to know what color it would be. Good luck with your girls! If they are squatting, you are certainly going to get eggs soon!! Brownie just started squatting about 3 days ago.
Try putting golf balls or ceramic eggs in the the nest boxes, that will help promote her to use the nesting boxes.

This was my girl Big Head. She was 2. I sold her several weeks ago. She was a Leghorn EE. She laid the beautiful mint green egg on the end.
IMG_6622.JPG
egg variation.jpg

Name: Idgie
Egg color: None yet but fingers crossed for blue!
Fun facts: She is my first Easter Egger and I am in love with the "breed" (yes, I know they're not an official breed)...she is curious, friendly, entertaining, and oh-so-gorgeous! I purchased her as a day-old chick with her "sister", Ruth (an olive egger, also pictured because they were raised together and are virtually inseparable), from a local feed store that had her and her hatch mates labeled as "ameraucanas" (I of course knew better). Her feathering pattern is just beautiful (in my humble chicken mama opinion); the black on her neck and cape feathers shimmers dark purple in the sun and her breast feathers and rear fluff are a bluish grey. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's fully grown. No cheek muffs or beard but her comb appears to be coming in as pea.

Here she is at 14 weeks old:
IMG_E5630.JPG

Here she is (along with Ruthie; left) at 16 weeks old:
IMG_E5710.JPG

Trying cantaloupe for the first time at 10 weeks old:
TXXL7637.JPEG

Cuteness overload at day-old:
IMG_E4648.JPG

Cuteness overload part II:
IMG_E4649.JPG

Last edited:
Fun facts: She is my first Easter Egger and I am in love with the "breed" (yes, I know they're not an official breed)...she is curious, friendly, entertaining, and oh-so-gorgeous! I purchased her as a day-old chick with her "sister", Ruth the olive egger (also pictured because they were raised together and are virtually inseparable), from a local feed store that had her and her hatch mates labeled as "ameraucanas" (I of course knew better). Her feathering pattern is just beautiful (in my humble chicken mama opinion); the black on her neck and cape feathers shimmers dark purple in the sun and her breast feathers and rear fluff are a bluish grey. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's fully grown. No cheek muffs or beard but her comb appears to be coming in as pea.

View attachment 1489448

View attachment 1489449

View attachment 1489450

View attachment 1489446

View attachment 1489447
Awwwwwwweeee

Fun facts: She is my first Easter Egger and I am in love with the "breed" (yes, I know they're not an official breed)...she is curious, friendly, entertaining, and oh-so-gorgeous! I purchased her as a day-old chick with her "sister", Ruth the olive egger (also pictured because they were raised together and are virtually inseparable), from a local feed store that had her and her hatch mates labeled as "ameraucanas" (I of course knew better). Her feathering pattern is just beautiful (in my humble chicken mama opinion); the black on her neck and cape feathers shimmers dark purple in the sun and her breast feathers and rear fluff are a bluish grey. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's fully grown. No cheek muffs or beard but her comb appears to be coming in as pea.

View attachment 1489448

View attachment 1489449

View attachment 1489450

View attachment 1489446

View attachment 1489447

What pretty girls! :love She’s looks a lot like my EE, Maude. Mine also love cantaloupe!

Back
Top Bottom