Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
I just mean along the lines of them being authentic, my cousin ordered Malays from somewhere and they where in NO WAY legitimate.. I just hate having to get rid of birds that didn't end up being what I paid for

Quote:
I just mean along the lines of them being authentic, my cousin ordered Malays from somewhere and they where in NO WAY legitimate.. I just hate having to get rid of birds that didn't end up being what I paid for
From the thread I posted it seems as though he doesn't have that good birds. Try Carol Nesmith of blackwater gamefarms. He has great YLH i've heard. I'm planning on getting a possum sweater from him later this year.

Is it true that White Kelsos are throwbacks of the red ones? And if that were the case then can I produce a white kelso per se from my reds? Thanks!
If anything the Red would be a throwback from the whites. BBR (red) is the baseline color for all chickens and anything other than BBR would be a mutation.

I highly doubt you can get a white chicken from a pair of reds without decades of selective breeding.

I breed white games and here is my process. The white gene started from pure white spanish game hens I aquired a few years ago... I bred the hens to BBR American games. They would produce a variety of colors chicks, but I always kept a white pullet (or two), and bred them to a BBR or BR American... I have done this breeding process severel times to the point where I have 7/8 American Game but they still come out white.

So Basically as long as you have a white hen (or white rooster perhaps) to start off with, you could breed the white gene continuously.

White hen (notice variety of chick colors)

And her Father and mother (also variety of chick colors, white chick may be hen shown above).

I am no expert on Genetics, but I do have results...

If anything the Red would be a throwback from the whites. BBR (red) is the baseline color for all chickens and anything other than BBR would be a mutation. I highly doubt you can get a white chicken from a pair of reds without decades of selective breeding. I breed white games and here is my process. The white gene started from pure white spanish game hens I aquired a few years ago... I bred the hens to BBR American games. They would produce a variety of colors chicks, but I always kept a white pullet (or two), and bred them to a BBR or BR American... I have done this breeding process severel times to the point where I have 7/8 American Game but they still come out white. So Basically as long as you have a white hen (or white rooster perhaps) to start off with, you could breed the white gene continuously. White hen (notice variety of chick colors) And her Father and mother (also variety of chick colors, white chick may be hen shown above). I am no expert on Genetics, but I do have results...
Beatiful birds. Thanks for sharing this I'm just curious about the story of the white kelsos thats why i inquired about this. I'm not into white birds cause they're feathers need a lot of care. Some moult alot.

Beatiful birds. Thanks for sharing this I'm just curious about the story of the white kelsos thats why i inquired about this.

I'm not into white birds cause they're feathers need a lot of care. Some moult alot.
Yeah dont know much about the history of White Kelsos. yeah sorry I go off on tangents sometimes and start showing off pictures and stories. lol

Back
Top Bottom