Show Off Your Games!

So would those dome pens with 1/2 wire around the bottom 24" be enough with trapping or would I need the electric too? I want to build some stag pens, but am debating on making them coon proof on their own or electric fencing. I like the idea of coon proof so that I can move them around more.

That’s crazy! Where I live there are a few resident pairs of crows that chase off the hawks. Maybe if you attracted crows to your property and encouraged them to nest they would be a natural deterrent to the hawks. :idunno
Exactly, I have a compost pile close to the chickens houses and the crows follow me to the compost pile when the see me headed out back. They bother the hawks but are not enough to deter them.

So would those dome pens with 1/2 wire around the bottom 24" be enough with trapping or would I need the electric too? I want to build some stag pens, but am debating on making them coon proof on their own or electric fencing. I like the idea of coon proof so that I can move them around more.
I’ve had coons dig under and get in and take eggs. Birds were on the roost so anything other than electric fence isn’t a guarantee.
Trap as many as possible right now. The females are pregnant. That’ll make a helluva dent.

"I’ve had coins dig under and get in and take eggs." What kind of "coins" should I be most concerned about? Gotta love auto correct...

That mink and weasel weren’t caught in my yard but its not far from my house. None of it will stop a weasel unless its 100% hardware cloth. Even then I suppose he could dig under a dome that was being moved around.
A friend of mine has a barrel colony for stags. The fronts are 2x4 wire and mink got in there the other night and killed a stag. So the next night he boxed up all the stags and took them inside but left the dead stag. He was surprised the mink came back to feed on the dead stag, is that typical?

A friend of mine has a barrel colony for stags. The fronts are 2x4 wire and mink got in there the other night and killed a stag. So the next night he boxed up all the stags and took them inside but left the dead stag. He was surprised the mink came back to feed on the dead stag, is that typical?
How does he know it was a mink?

Back
Top Bottom