Show Off Your Games!

I have a question for you Gamebird experts
lol.png

The cages in this video, do you think those are for keeping the birds in all the time, or only temporarily?
Would that be enough space for one Game cock?

Quote:
only temporary, you'd need to use these pens along with other pens in a rotation. Rotation of the bird to different pens and locations is actually very beneficial for the body and mind of a gamecock.

Quote:
I think short-term. I used to keep birds confined like that for 10 days to 2 weeks for ease of handling. We took each bird out daily for physical training and "evaluation". Such confines for longer-term not good for feathering and can reduce physial capacity, especially in respect to endurance.

Lot of man-hours required for such a system if well being of bird to get high priority.

Also, For the standard, I went to a show and some birds (OEGB'S) had some higher dubbings and some very close to the skin. Which is preferred for show?

Quote:
1/4 of a inch above the head if I remember correctly, but I don't think that a lot of attention is put on that. I have seen birds with relatively large combs (to what I thought) do well. I think the standard does say there shouldn't be an absence of comb, so another words no close cuts (combs completely removed) like a lot of people do for American's.

Quote:
I hope temporary, but some people would keep birds in that condition all year round (regardless of if they are gamefowl or not.)

I keep my cocks/pairs in 4X5 (some maybe 5X5) pens, that are about 4 and a half to 5 feet tall. If I need a pen for a single cock I will put them in these too if I have an extra.. Stags I normally put in 3X3 round pens, they are about five and a half to six feet tall.. Normally though, if we have bachelors and extra tie cords, and they are old enough.. We put the extra roosters on tie, makes it easier to handle them and usually makes for a calmer, gentler rooster. Not to mention, better for them.

-Daniel

I am new to games and I have seen a bunch of pictures of games on tie cords. Where do you buy them ( or how do you make them) and how do you set one up and put it on the rooster?

Does Anybody here have Pure Breed WHITE ASIL ???

Looking for hatching eggs,

Wanting White Asil, I am wanting to breed them for Poultry shows.

Please no junk, I am wanting some from great stock, something that people & judges will ooooohh & aaahhh over
droolin.gif
ep.gif

I Dont think I have ever seen Any Asil period .... at our local poultry shows, I 've only seen them over the internet or heard of them at national shows.

Looking to Hatch some & hopefully show them down here at our TX poultry shows.

Please email me any info you may have & pics if any.

Last edited:
Wow, wish I could help you at this moment, because I recall a few people with them, but can't name 'em off the top of my head. I'll let you know when I remember them again though. White Asils are indeed a very showy bird!
smile.png

For more gamefowl appeasement:

5348252934_55b3df5b94_z.jpg

5348254102_8c77b1f23a_z.jpg

5371146143_e7ab1aed61_z.jpg

This Shamo stag is currently about 7 months old, weighs 6 lbs, and is 26 inches tall. His first batch of offspring are due to hatch in less than 2 weeks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom