Show Off Your Games!

Yea after they start laying i put them in each a side and just rotate the cock. Sometime I let them do there own thing sometimes I incubate. I just set up a light with a timer on it today, to come on at 4 in the morning to try to get them to start laying soon. Dewormed and deloused, and straight laying pellets just waiting to get some eggs lol.

Oh on keeping track of the eggs.. If I incubate I write on top of the egg a number one or two. Which I know what hen is what my Hen #1 has spurs and my Hen #2 dont. After collecting eggs for
10 or 14 days or so I put them in the bator on the turner all together. Then on lockdown day I have a little wire cage I made with 1/4 x 1/4 wire with a lid that takes up about half of the bator. I put one hens eggs in the little cage and the other hens eggs just down on the wire bottom of the bator so when they hatch they dont get mixed up, as I take them out to put in brooder I put a zip tie on all of one hens chicks.

hey gray bear i like the redquill pumkins and blues i have two familys of redquill one of them i know were they came from but they have a differnt look the other i got from a freind who got them from a freind and not sure what family ther from but they look like yours just trying to to see if i can get some info on them he thinks they came from a guy in east tx i got my pumkins from the same place any info would help

Yea after they start laying i put them in each a side and just rotate the cock. Sometime I let them do there own thing sometimes I incubate. I just set up a  light with a timer on it today, to come on at 4 in the morning to try to get them to start laying soon. Dewormed and deloused, and straight laying pellets just waiting to get some eggs lol.

Thanks for the advice if you have any on keeping records I would like to hear it or advise on picking out the best stags and pullets like what you look for in breeder birds just keep it coming. sorry for all the ?s. this is the first year I am real serious about breeding games

Well everyone has there own way of record keeping, I use a very large calender. I mark on my calender set and hatch dates and any notes I feel important. On the back side of the front cover I keep track of markings like toe punches and leg or wing band identifiers. draw something that looks like chicken toes lol \ I / you know and draw dots where you punch does. Out left, Out right, inside left and inside right. How many blood lines of gamefowl do you have?

Back
Top Bottom